• Register Today It's free!

starting problems?? help please!

jakejeff

Reaction score
City, State
ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 xl
My 94 ex has some kind of anti theft thing not sure if its factory or someting that was added?? in order to start the truck you have to have the power door locks unlocked with the remote thingy only.. well my door locks wont lock or unlock anymore the dome light comes on and off when i push the buttons but no power to the door locks?? so I cant start my truck because the power door locks won't work is there any way to bi pass the anti theft thing???
kinda confusing i know but please helpp

thanks!

If I were there I could remove it for you, but it would be almost impossible to try to describe it to you.

thanks when i went out today the doors would all unlock when i pushed the button except for the driver door???? weired I did nothing think it could be a loose wire or something? I think i might take the panel off tommorow if its not too cold? :)

have u checked the battery in the remote? as for "will it start if i dont use the remote to unlock doors" thing...not to be rude but did you try to start it? i dont know what wilol happen but i cant imagine anything bad would happen

Back