Starting Problems

232baja

Reaction score
City, State
Bethalto, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Need some help:
Late November, went to start the Sport Trac and had good battery response, but no fire. Took 4 long cranks, approximately 6 seconds each, till on the 5th try it started. Temp outside around 25 degrees. Then around second week of December, same problem, every day. Now keep in mind, it only happens the first time of each day or after the truck has been sitting at least 8 to 10 hrs. So, when I do get the truck started, it will start every time, regardless, unless it sits outside in the cold and the truck runs great. If temps are high 30s, no problem, they dip down, no start without cranking. Now, I have been told by others the I’m losing prime, so, if the temp is cold, I turn the key on for 25 or so seconds and let the fuel pump run. Starts first time without cranking. Don’t really know if the temp has anything to do with it, sure do seem like it. Bottom line, cold outside, have to let fuel pump run to start. Warm out, fires right up when key turned on. It never has not started......New Plugs, New Oil, New Fuel Filter. Is there something that holds pressure on the fuel line that I need to change? Your opinions greatly appreciated.
:help:

Back