• Register Today It's free!

starting to smooth my interior

91ROKKRAWLER

Reaction score
City, State
Bend, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Xploder
i got bored since i couldn't start my lift i decided to start smoothing out my spare dash, which turned out to be a later model of the 91-94 series that is more curved.

i'm hittin it with 120 to knock the bumps down, then i'm going to spray high build primer on it, follow that with 320, more high build primer, then finish it with a high grit paper(600-800).

then i am going to primer it again and do 2 coats of gloss black and 2-3 coats of clear.

crappy cell phone pics.

showin the low gloss after 120
dashsmooth.jpg

dash thats almost fully sanded with 120
dashsmooth2.jpg

i'm gonna do every piece of my interior plastic, fiberglass 3 gauges into my dash, some infinity tweeters into my a-pillars, then in the rear panels i plan on building sub boxes in both sides for 10 inch subs.

i also plan on making a custom console with rear cupholders and bigger front cupholders, along with a cb mount, some switches, and a pair of 12V ports.

then i'm gonna put led lighting or neon lighting under my dash with green lights, make the bezel on my dash a high glass od green, make all my vents that are in the dash od green. i'm basically goin all out in my interior.

Back