stealth box hummmmm

SPORTCRAZIE

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
WESTCHESTER,N.Y
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 SPORT
I have a MTX stealth box in my 2002 x sport, I get some nasty feedback, It's a loud deep humming, Almost like a constent bass only it dosen't sound good, And the only way to get rid of the sound is to disconect the wires to the box. What could be the problem? Someone told me I have to change my stock radio, But I rather not. Any suggestions.:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like you have the power and the RCA cables running down the same side of your truck. You need to isolate (spelling) the power and RCA cables, or you could just need a better ground. These are just suggestions i'm pretty sure that someone else will also try to help. Good luck.

The stock radio maybe an issue as well, how are you tapping off it to get signal to your sub?

Thanks guys I'm gonna look into some of those suggestions. I'll let ya know what the out come was

Ok here's the deal I went to my local audio shop they fixed the problem... But now the box just dosen't knock as much, I don't listen to a lot of rap, But I do like my sound to knock when I want it to. He say's if I go with a different stereo in my truck that would be alot better then stock, Is this true? Do I really need to change my stock radio to get better sound? Because If I do, Well dammit I'll do it... Also he checked all the wires and said.

1. My ground was bad...

2.My wires were all ran next to eachother...

3. New Radio??? YES or NO

SPORTCRAZIE, I had this same problem and it was my ground. By the way hows the Apten?

yes

A new head unit would help power the sub and speakers. With your stock unit (I assume, correct me if I am wrong here) you ar enot getitng as much power and thus not hte needed 'punch' for your speakers and especialy for your sub. I think you would definately notice a difference it you got some type of decent aftermarket receiver, as it would power the sub seperately from teh speakers and hav sufficient power for all of them. (An amp going to the sub would be best, as that is what I have in my Explorer)

GREAT!!!!! I can't believe what a difference I love it.

Ok then I'll start looking for a new head unit... Any suggestions on what to look for? I was going to look at sony.

Well that does it!!! I definetly have a spending problem... I just ordered a new head unit(Pioneer I believe it's a DEH 6500), speakers and amp (GM-X574). I've always liked pioneer sound equipment. And the guy can install tomorrow!!!:D

Sport good decision on the Hu you difently needed one. The stock head doesn't put out enough volts for the amp. An aftermarket will. Nice choice on HU but if I were you and I was looking at pioneer i would have got the 7500. Thats just me though.

Back