Easy Stealth Sub Mount Idea | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Easy Stealth Sub Mount Idea

Longjohn,

I have been looking at audax drivers. I have been shopping at partsexpress.com. I am either going to go with vifa, morel or audax drivers for my main speakers. I'm torn between a single 1" dome tweeter and 6.5" mid in a sealed tower enclosure, or a tweet and dual 6.5" mid in a ported enclosure.

BTW, do you have a good guitar collection? My next project is a rack mount set up and cabinet. I have some rack mount equip I run through a store bought guitar amp. I plan to go to a full rack set up, and hopefully have a tweed 4x10 cabinet.

terdrocket,

I'm running 1" audax tweeters in my home theater system, they sound terrific to say the least. Very crisp and very clean sounding.

Vifa is another excellent speaker ... if you are going to use a subwoofer along with them go closed, if not and they will be your main speakers for bass then go ported and get the extension to the low end .... closed are a lot easier to make sound good and are much more forgiving when it comes to cabinet volume, ported on the other hand need a close tolerance volume and you have to tune the ports to get the most out of them .... check with the manufacturer because although most drivers will work in either cabinet some are designed specifically for closed only and visa versa

I have a 1968 Gibson SG, a 1966 Danelectro Longhorn bass, a 1972 Les Paul, a year and 1/2 old Fender Tele, and a about 15 year old Ovation Celebrity acoustic .... I have several homemade tube amps but lately my main amp isn't really an amp but a V-Amp Pro virtual amp/simulator which is a lot of fun to record with because it does a pretty good job of simulating a number of classic and modern amps ... plus it's cool watching the LED controls change with the MIDI control from the computer program it uses ;-) As good as it is it lacks for live use, you just can't beat a good tube amp with the outputs running at full clip

I like the sound of a sealed enclosure and do plan to run a sub.

I also have the V-Amp Pro. It is a great piece for the $$. Real versitile, and the simulations are pretty believable/authentic sounding.

I want a tube amp REAL bad.

The guitars I have - CF Martin HD-28-2R, CF Martin D-1, Fender Eric Clapton Strat, Fender P Bass(Mexican), Gibson ES-135, Gibson Hound Dog Dobro.

The SG and Tele are the next two on my list. That 68 SG you have is a classic.

Back