Steering column light replacement on a 97 Ranger. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Steering column light replacement on a 97 Ranger.

gfos27603

Reaction score
City, State
Garner, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I am by no means a mechanic but the lights for the sruise control on my '97 Ranger XLT have gone out and I need to replace them. Obvilusly I don't want to take this in to a shop and would like to know if there is an easy way to replace the lamps? I have also had a couple of the dash lights go out and need direction for that as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

....For the dash lights, the best I can inform you to do is purchase a Haynes manual from your local auto parts for about 20 dollars....It has great pics and info on changing them...You will use this book often and it will more than pay for itself...Swapping them out is kind of a pain so I usually swap all of them at one time...;)

Instrument cluster bulbs can be replaced after the cluster is removed. It takes six 194 bulbs. I use 194LL's because they supposedly last longer:
Dead Link Removed

Bulbs for the speed control switches are expensive, hard to find and may burn out frequently. If you are handy with soldering and working with small parts, the bulbs can be replaced with long lasting LEDs:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/296394/23

....Rwenzig, nice find..:biggthump...I don't think I've seen that thread before and I sure wouldn't try to type out all that info...:eek:

Back