Steering stabilizer frame bracket? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Steering stabilizer frame bracket?

Darrman

Reaction score
City, State
Waxahachie, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4x4/2001 Sport
Ok, I bought a Skyjacker stabilizer, supposed to be a bolt on kit. Well I go to looking and the four holes in the frame for the bracket, I only have three. Not a real big deal, but then in the instructions, it says that models with front sway bar need to be relocated because of interference. I am not sure I should drill four new ones or what. Has anybody else installed this kit, # 7150? Thanks!

Ok, after mocking this kit up, there is no way this will fit a Explorer without modifications. The directions have pictures, but they have a Ranger and its made for its open side frame, not the explorers boxed frame. Worse yet, the sway bar interferes, and to get it clear lands you in a pocket in the frame, where there is nowhere to weld or bolt to. This sucks, I spent all day yesterday doing a AAL and spring eye bushings, thought this would be cake.

I pushed the bracket back along the frame till it clears the sway bar, then had it welded, hell with it. I get to assemble and try it out tonite, should be interesting.

Back