SkyJacker steering stabilizer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SkyJacker steering stabilizer

Xplore94

Reaction score
I just installed a SkyJacker steering stabilizer on my 94 Ex 4x4 that has the front sway bar. It says to mount the bracket to the frame and if it has a sway bar then to move it back until clearance is obtained. I moved it back a couple of inches and it still seems no matter how far I go back it could still hit the sway bar if the front bounces to much. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Sometimes the install instructions are a little hard to understand...I think it's because the person who writes them don't understand...this may help..:dunno:

...This should be the way they are suppose to mount I believe...This just happens to be the only pic I have and it had just hit a rock before this pic...

cleghorntripbsx2.jpg

The instructions I have say to mount the stabilizer body to the frame. Here's a pic of the instructions.
7150.pdf

The pic isnt showing up, the stabilizer body points toward the passenger side and a straight bracket mounts to the frame just above and behind the sway bar. The cylinder part bolts on to the tie rod using u bolts and an angled bracket.

I just saw this thread and can answer your question, I had a Rancho kit that mounted the same way you describe, I hated it, it was such a band aid and I didn't notice any gain in performance. I say to mount like Ted's is in the pic above. They sell those brackets for like $30 if you google Explorer steering stabilizer.

How did you get the frame brackets on?! Putting the bolts through the bracket in the frame is hard as $&?!. I either drop the bracket or the bolt and have to fish it out.

Back