Stereo control and climate control issue | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stereo control and climate control issue

Dead MFT checking in here also!

We've had the water leak issue in the upper center console and this morning, I have a completely dead & black screen which is unresponsive. Going to look at the fuses this evening.

Welcome to the Forum Mike. :wave:
I wonder if disconnecting/reconnecting the negative battery cab;e would have accomplished the same thing?

Peter
I tried that and it did not work for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2017 base model, no touch screen, but my climate controls and radio controls don’t work at all, extreme heat from the defrost, I do have steering wheel controls working, but can’t adjust on main dash, radio comes on. And all radio and climate control lights are off.

I have a 2017 base model, no touch screen, but my climate controls and radio controls don’t work at all, extreme heat from the defrost, I do have steering wheel controls working, but can’t adjust on main dash, radio comes on. And all radio and climate control lights are off.
Welcome to the forum. :wave:
Have you checked fuses?

Peter

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
Have you checked fuses?

Peter
Have not, but the dealership I purchased it from said it was fine. But could directly fine the issue.

Have not, but the dealership I purchased it from said it was fine. But could directly fine the issue.
Has it always been like this since you've had it or did this just start happening? Are you able to change the climate settings to other than defrost and is the heat level the same?

Peter

Has it always been like this since you've had it or did this just start happening? Are you able to change the climate settings to other than defrost and is the heat level the same?

Peter
I purchased it, then the next day nothing, defrost comes on automatically, I can’t change the setting on climate and have to drive with my windows down, even in freezing temperatures. None of my radio features work either.

I purchased it, then the next day nothing, defrost comes on automatically, I can’t change the setting on climate and have to drive with my windows down, even in freezing temperatures. None of my radio features work either.
I'm by no means a mechanic but it sounds as though it may be an issue with a control module of some type. This is something your dealer should be able to fix if there is any kind of warranty that came with the purchase. If not, I'd take it to an independent garage if no one else here has any ideas of what to look for. I don't know if your vehicle has an APIM or not seeing as it is a Base model.

Peter

my post in this thread from January is the answer to your problem:

The sunroof was not completely closed during a heavy downpour and water leaked inside with some landing on the center control console. A day after the rain, the center control console went dead (the touch screen still worked as usual) rendering the heat to backup mode ( high heat/ high fan mode /upper vents only). I checked all the fuses and they were good. Removed the silver side bezels and removed the 4 retaining screws on the center control console ( there are you tube videos on this removal process). I then unplugged the center console panel and plugged it back in. This reset the built-in fuse and the center control panel worked as it should. I reinstalled the center control console and bezels . Repair complete. I hope this helps.

Hello everyone, it happened to me also, with the same issue, water leak. Took it the garage and he was confident that the issue is with the panel itself, he will try to fix it and meanwhile i'm searching for another used one in case he failed.
He has experience with it and he said it's happening alot with explorer and tarus

Hello everyone, it happened to me also, with the same issue, water leak. Took it the garage and he was confident that the issue is with the panel itself, he will try to fix it and meanwhile i'm searching for another used one in case he failed.
He has experience with it and he said it's happening alot with explorer and tarus
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Where did the water leak in from?

Peter

Have u fixed this yet? I’m goin through the same thing

Have u fixed this yet? I’m goin through the same thing
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If your post was meant for expertpharmacist you may not get an answer. The member was last seen here on March 26, 2022.

Peter

Back