Stereo control and climate control issue | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stereo control and climate control issue

Settings / System / Master Reset
Select to restore factory defaults. This erases all personal
settings and personal data.

It is covered in your Owner's Manual. Page 419 of the 3rd printing.
No guaranty it will fix your issue but just another step to try although I don't know why replacing the battery cable connector would have caused the issue in the first place. Was it the positive battery cable connector you replaced? Sometimes disconnecting the negative cable for a few minutes will solve several issues.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Settings / System / Master Reset
Select to restore factory defaults. This erases all personal
settings and personal data.

It is covered in your Owner's Manual. Page 419 of the 3rd printing.
No guaranty it will fix your issue but just another step to try although I don't know why replacing the battery cable connector would have caused the issue in the first place. Was it the positive battery cable connector you replaced? Sometimes disconnecting the negative cable for a few minutes will solve several issues.

Peter

I have a base model. I don’t have the touchscreen, and the buttons will not work

I have a base model. I don’t have the touchscreen, and the buttons will not work
Please add that "Base" to your profile. Thanks.

Peter

I am having this issue right now with my 2013 Explorer XLT. The source of the problem was a leaking sunroof that poured water in down onto the touch screen and into the panel where the climate control and volume dial is located. Immediately I was unable to control the climate at all (heat is stuck on) or volume. As you said, I can control the volume on the steering wheel but that is it. The touch screen is still lit and responds to touch with sound but will not change climate or volume. Could this be something as simple as a fuse? Thanks.
I have the same problem. Do you fix it??

Welcome to the Forum Sylvie. :wave:
Unfortunately, the member you quoted hasn't been active here since November 15, 2019 so I doubt you will get a reply. That is the frustrating thing with some members. They will post about a problem and never follow up on it. Did you have the same water leak issue or did the controls just stop working?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Sylvie. :wave:
Unfortunately, the member you quoted hasn't been active here since November 15, 2019 so I doubt you will get a reply. That is the frustrating thing with some members. They will post about a problem and never follow up on it. Did you have the same water leak issue or did the controls just stop working?

Peter
same same problem water link because i foget to close my sunroof tilt during thunderstorm.

Sorry for my english im french from montreal.

No problems with your English Sylvie. I saw that you were from Montreal when I checked your profile in the margin. That is one thing I always look at first. I didn't see any fuse linked specifically for that touch panel. There is a fuse #46 in the cabin fuse box shown as being for the Climate Control Module but I don't know if that is the problem. I don't know if you have this feature but are you able to control the climate settings with voice commands? Does that radio volume control knob work?

Peter

No problems with your English Sylvie. I saw that you were from Montreal when I checked your profile in the margin. That is one thing I always look at first. I didn't see any fuse linked specifically for that touch panel. There is a fuse #46 in the cabin fuse box shown as being for the Climate Control Module but I don't know if that is the problem. I don't know if you have this feature but are you able to control the climate settings with voice commands? Does that radio volume control knob work?

Peter
I don't have vocal control for my climatisation and heating. My radio work on my steering. I'm at the garage today I'll come back with the solution.

Did you guys ever find a solution? Simular issue. I got water in the floor of my car, now instrument panel cuts off completely and heat starts blowing out of the defrost vents. I can turn the radio on, but the climate control is greyed out and unable to use. Checked all fuses and relays under the hood yesterday. Also Intermittently the car won't even turn over to crank since this happened. Brand new battery.

Did you check the fuses in the cabin fuse panel? You know that inaccessible one. ;) I don't think a bad fuse would cause the climate control option to be "greyed out". That usually means that the feature is not available. Sounds like it could be a software issue. Did you find out why there was water in the vehicle?

Peter

I am having this issue right now with my 2013 Explorer XLT. The source of the problem was a leaking sunroof that poured water in down onto the touch screen and into the panel where the climate control and volume dial is located. Immediately I was unable to control the climate at all (heat is stuck on) or volume. As you said, I can control the volume on the steering wheel but that is it. The touch screen is still lit and responds to touch with sound but will not change climate or volume. Could this be something as simple as a fuse? Thanks.
I'm having the exact same issue with the same source problem. Water leak. Everything works except climate controls. It is stuck in OFF and will not turn on via the dash controls, steering controls or the touch screen. Everything else (audio, navigation, etc) works perfectly from all points of control. Could it be the panel itself?

I'm having the exact same issue with the same source problem. Water leak. Everything works except climate controls. It is stuck in OFF and will not turn on via the dash controls, steering controls or the touch screen. Everything else (audio, navigation, etc) works perfectly from all points of control. Could it be the panel itself?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Unfortunately, the member you quoted hasn't been seen here since November 15. 2019 and non of the others here seem to be current either. It's very frustrating when a member posts about an issue and doesn't follow up on it. I call that a sort of 'hit and run'. Did you check the fuse?

Peter

Unfortunately, the member you quoted hasn't been seen here since November 15. 2019 and non of the others here seem to be current either. It's very frustrating when a member posts about an issue and doesn't follow up on it. I call that a sort of 'hit and run'. Did you check the fuse?

Peter
Same issue. The only difference I saw in the user video above was I get lights on my panel when I press my air power button. But nothing changes and the lights go out after I release the button. Has anyone had a fix or did they replace anything as of yet?

Same issue. The only difference I saw in the user video above was I get lights on my panel when I press my air power button. But nothing changes and the lights go out after I release the button. Has anyone had a fix or did they replace anything as of yet?

Peter

Has anyone fixed this yet? Or any ideas? Same problem, 2013 Ford Explorer xlt, leaky windshield, wacky defroster, cold and unhappy wife. Lol. Need advice.

Has anyone fixed this yet? Or any ideas? Same problem, 2013 Ford Explorer xlt, leaky windshield, wacky defroster, cold and unhappy wife. Lol. Need advice.
It doesn't appear anyone has found a fix, at least not that the have posted. Most here seem to just say "I have the same issue" and then disappear, never to be heard from again. Have you taken it to the dealer?

Peter

It doesn't appear anyone has found a fix, at least not that the have posted. Most here seem to just say "I have the same issue" and then disappear, never to be heard from again. Have you taken it to the dealer?

Peter
No, that's my next step. I've been putting it off 'cuz the ford dealership near me likes to knuckle and dime ya hard. I will for sure let you know if I find anything out.

Dead MFT checking in here also!

We've had the water leak issue in the upper center console and this morning, I have a completely dead & black screen which is unresponsive. Going to look at the fuses this evening.

The sunroof was not completely closed during a heavy downpour and water leaked inside with some landing on the center control console. A day after the rain, the center control console went dead (the touch screen still worked as usual) rendering the heat to backup mode ( high heat/ high fan mode /upper vents only). I checked all the fuses and they were good. Removed the silver side bezels and removed the 4 retaining screws on the center control console ( there are you tube videos on this removal process). I then unplugged the center console panel and plugged it back in. This reset the built-in fuse and the center control panel worked as it should. I reinstalled the center control console and bezels . Repair complete. I hope this helps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Mike. :wave:
I wonder if disconnecting/reconnecting the negative battery cab;e would have accomplished the same thing?

Peter

Back