Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Sedona is very scenic, but its filled with hippies and "artists" so its expensive. I looked at property there and in the area before deciding on Kingman area. There is a community just to the east of Sedona, Munds Park, where its more like Arizona pricing for property but it snows all winter there. Sedona is a great place to visit for a week or so and run the trails, see the sights and get the heck out.

Just there for the scenery. We were going to do a horseback ride, but the oldest chickened out. We may have too come back, just me and the wife at a later date.

Been visiting everything in the area with the family. Sedona, Montezuma's Castle, Petrified Forest, Metor Crater. We're going to go visit a few more things before heading for home. Been staying in Flagstaff, which is nice a cool to come back to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your kids want to ride horses, I know someone who has two of them in San Diego.

Flagstaff is a cool town, but its the Arizona version of San Francisco or Austin.

Well made it home from our family trip...but just made it. About 100 miles from home after stopping for lunch, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Check engine, and a wrench icon I have never seen before. Limped it home on low power. I was having to shift the trans manually in sport mode, because it didn't know what to do.

Plugged in my Forscan, and looks like I lost the Turbo. She is still under the power train warranty, so over to Ford she goes and we'll see what happens.🤷

Reset the computer, and truck seems fine. It just had low boost, so it went into limp mode. I think it just got to hot. Towing up grades, in 115* and a light bar probably restricting air flow to the intercooler, I think was just to much. I'll have to work on the air flow if I plan anymore summer time desert crossings. Maybe a easy remove light bar.

I just love mine. 2020 Lariat FX4 Screw. Only problem is that she is black with black leather. A little warm.
She wheels awesome , runs the highway fantastic. Have a bed cover on her, and a K&N drop in. Also have the Superlift leveling kit, just need to put it on.

Tim

About a week ago I started having a sound like low brake pads with brake squeal. I thought it was a bit early for that at about 42k on the truck, but since I tow and use to sit in a lot of bumper to bumper LA traffic, I just excepted it.

When I pulled the brakes apart for the first time ever, I found tons of pad still left. Then I found on the driver front a groove in the inner pad, and a piece of metal fell out.

It turns out one of the clips came apart and got jammed in between the rotor and the pad. I now have a deep groove in my rotor.:mad2:

20210912_182204.jpg

You have my stamper luck lmao

if it's not pulling, shaking, or doing other things other than brake, just run it.

Otherwise, it's new pads and a rotor.

I'm just running it for now. It's not acting weird and it's quiet.

Unless I upgrade to Power Stop, other than factory, there is not much available as it's just to new still.

Just one? He's kinda lacking there..

Just one? He's kinda lacking there..
Yes, I'm just going to have it as a cool spare...not even put a wheel on it. Pretty cool huh 😎

I have to wait for lugs and the hub centric spacers to get here before I can mount...."all 4"🙄

Yes, I'm just going to have it as a cool spare...not even put a wheel on it. Pretty cool huh 😎

I have to wait for lugs and the hub centric spacers to get here before I can mount...."all 4"🙄

Hopefully, before the 2022 Christmas..

I was looking at something like these for the Heep..

Hopefully, before the 2022 Christmas..

I was looking at something like these for the Heep..

Oh it will be here next week. PM me what you need, and I'll see what I can do through work. 😉

I like those wheels.

I keep looking at beadlocks, then decide I don't need them, then keep looking...

I like those wheels.

I keep looking at beadlocks, then decide I don't need them, then keep looking...

I have a list of things like that. I come close to pulling the trigger then tell myself, no I don't really need that.:banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like those wheels.

These are fake beadlocks. I don't need them on the Ranger.

Back