Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CARB legal?

What makes it worse, they now check the ECU checksums to insure that what ever is loaded.. or has been loaded in the past.. has not changed the ECU. You can be forced to go to the dealership for a firmware flash update and get the card from the dealership saying it has been done. This happened to me with my JKUR - a forced emissions recall on the ECU had to be performed to renew the vehicle license.

What makes it worse, they now check the ECU checksums to insure that what ever is loaded.. or has been loaded in the past.. has not changed the ECU. You can be forced to go to the dealership for a firmware flash update and get the card from the dealership saying it has been done. This happened to me with my JKUR - a forced emissions recall on the ECU had to be performed to renew the vehicle license.
yep, heard about that. almost makes it worth it having a tuned and stock ecu programmed to the same rig anf just swapping em out :p

Makes me think about getting a pre-75 more every day.
but at least the ranger is good on gas ;) but yeah, have thought that too!

I thought about having two sets of control modules for the RV, but it costs too much. It has separate modules for the engine (GM 8.1) and transmission (Allison). There is a company that tunes the modules. It adds 50 HP and lots more torque. Changes the transmission pressure and shift points. The core charge for the PCM's is over $1,000. I'll wait until it's registered in Arizona (no smog laws).

Pretty

but at least the ranger is good on gas ;) but yeah, have thought that too!
Ehhh...

It use to get 25 mpg on the highway. Now with 34's it's down to 17.5mpg. I'm hoping a tuner, new plugs and maybe a new better flowing muffler will help her a bit. I pretty much drive all freeway. Only 2 miles total of my commute are steet vs. the 60 miles total.

I installed everything but the muffler last weekend. New plugs, k&n, and the programer. The truck is much lighter on it's feet, and when you get it in it's peak power bad at 4500rpm, it comes on like a bat out of hell. Even on 34's it's pretty quick once it gets moving.

The real surprise has been gas mileage. Before I was in the low 17mpg. Now I'm at 20mpg.

In 10th gear, at 70mph she is only around 1500rpm.

Pretty happy with the results so far.

I installed everything but the muffler last weekend. New plugs, k&n, and the programer. The truck is much lighter on it's feet, and when you get it in it's peak power bad at 4500rpm, it comes on like a bat out of hell. Even on 34's it's pretty quick once it gets moving.

The real surprise has been gas mileage. Before I was in the low 17mpg. Now I'm at 20mpg.

In 10th gear, at 70mph she is only around 1500rpm.

Pretty happy with the results so far.
[/QUOTE
nice!!!!

Now definitely getting the Eibachs now. for mine. What height do you have yours on?

Tim

D-ring shackle swap

20230304_164506.jpg

Plastic pan be gone! Extra cooling and a drain plug now. 😁

20230312_155340.jpg

VideoCapture_20230314-085249.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back