Still have chimes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Still have chimes

MoonMagic

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Super Trac
This is a great forum, so glad that I found it. I just bought a 2002 Super Trac. I've only had it for five days, but I really love this truck! :D

I've been doing a lot of reading in the forum and found the instructions for deactivating the seat belt chimes. I followed it and it worked great.

I still have the series of 7 chimes when I start the engine. Is there a way to deactivate this as well?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would like to bump this thread back to the top if you don't mind. I have the same problem on my '04. After the no seatbelt warning light turns off (after the first minute when the truck is started) the chimes go off as previously described. It only happens that one time but is still loud and annoying. My next step is to get an extra buckle from a wreckers to stick in the reciever but would like to know if there is another solution.

P.S. I know, put on the seatbelt to fix the problem. :rolleyes:

I was really hoping to hear a solution for deactivating those 7 chimes that sound when the engine is started. It seems there are solutions for everything else! Help?

You could always just disable the chime. if you don't want any, find the chime, cut the wires, tape them off and you're set.

Back