• Register Today It's free!

Stock Michelin Woes

orangesoda123

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Xlt, 26k
Hello Everyone!

2013 Explorer XLT @ 37,000 miles here.

Has anyone had any out of round issues with the stock Michelin Tires? We've been fighting a vibration for a while and my local Ford dealer just spent mucho $$$$ upgrading all of their stuff (Hunter Road Force machine, Vibration Analysis Tools, etc) and took the car for a spin. The Vibration Tool indicated tire vibration so they threw it on the Road force machine. 3 tires were VERY bad and one was fine. After road forcing they got 3 of the tires to respectable numbers (6lbs, 10 lbs and 16lbs) but one tire they couldn't improve much (26lbs originally down to 24). All rim measurements came back absolutely perfect. The service manager said the only way to get rid of it is to buy new tires (current ones have 37k on them).

The sad thing is that my Ford dealer had me road force it at a Firestone some months ago (as they hadn't gotten their road force machine yet) and Firestone said "It all looks ok". I asked for the numbers and they couldn't give them to me. I'm assuming they just spun them or didn't know what the hell they were doing. My guy at Ford told me there was no way they road forced it and if they did they didn't do it right. Luckily my Ford Dealer is the best dealer I've dealt with HANDS DOWN and he just gave me the road force for free since Firestone goofed it provided I buy tires from the dealer. No problems there :). Now the real question is to buy new tires or trade it on a new Sport :D

Anyways. Anyone else ever here or experience similar issues?

Back