• Register Today It's free!

Stock radio info

harleyryder133

Reaction score
City, State
Fair Lawn, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 FPIU
Hope I don't get flamed for asking this but I did a good amount of searching but didn't find an answer to my question. This is my issue. I recently purchased a 2016 FPIU and it came with a Havis Integrated Control System installed. Basically looks like a big tablet in the dash. Well not only does the display like to go out for no reason, it has no Bluetooth option. There is a cable set to add Bluetooth but like the ICS itself they are both discontinued items. I'd actually like to go back to the stock radio and climate controls but I've seen there are a few different kinds. Question #1 is there any way I can identify what the original radio was in my unit? Question #2 is it seems like everything is separate. Meaning it looks like I have to buy the whole bezel, the receiver, the amp, and the display screen. Is that right? Seems awfully complicated for just wanting to go back to stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ICS-B-F02-101_P_ (2)_600.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have all the parts to go back to stock if you would want to do some trading.

I have all the parts to go back to stock if you would want to do some trading.
I would gladly trade the Havis ICS for a stock setup. You did see where I mentioned that the display sometimes goes out for no reason right?

I did see that, but I have a few spare parts. Also, would you share your VIN with me, so I can see if your vehicle came with Bluetooth, I’ll get you a copy of the window sticker at the same time.

I did see that, but I have a few spare parts. Also, would you share your VIN with me, so I can see if your vehicle came with Bluetooth, I’ll get you a copy of the window sticker at the same time.
I'd like to get in on that window sticker action if that's on the table for others.

Anyone else care to chime in on this subject? I still don't have an answer to my question. I sincerely appreciate the window sticker. I've tried googling the number before the radio on the window sticker but no luck there. There seems to be a billion part numbers for stock radios in these for some odd reason, and I have no idea what I need to match up in order to make sure I get the right one. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I was trying to avoid going all the way down to a dealership to figure this out but I guess if that's my only option.

Screenshot_20220409-115042_Drive.jpg

Yeah, I'd really like some straight-forward information on this as well.

do you want the normal sync, or the big screen sync? i can see what i can find ;)

as in this style, 2016-18 Ford Explorer AM FM Radio Audio Climate Control Panel Bezel GB5T18A802BD

or the largee screen, and do you want myfordtouch?

another option: go to the local JY and pull the headunit/bezel you want, along with the supporting wiring... im not sure what wiring this have, and if it would work w myford touch due to wiring differences though

i own a 2nd gen, so i just found these based on 1factoryradio & some searching... not a 5th gen guru... so hopefully someone can verify this info

if youre alright w/ the normal sync (small screen) this may work PN wise

headunit: 16 2016 Ford Explorer Audio Radio Information Display Screen OEM LKQ | eBay
bezel: 2014-2015 Ford Explorer Radio Control Panel ATC OEM ID EB5T-18A802-HB 14 15 16 | eBay

if not, im not incredibly versed in the later syncs but this (according to ebay) works
headunit: 15-16 FORD EXPLORER SYNC 2 SATELITE GPS NAVIGATION RADIO DISPLAY W/ APIM MODULE | eBay
bezel: 14 15 Ford Explorer EB5T-18A802-EA Climate Control Panel Temperature A/C Heater | eBay

and if you want better audio, crutchfield always carries some... just FYI ;):)

you should now be able to use these PNs and search elsewhere, i just used ebay ebcause its the easiest... 1factoryradio is also helpful! 2016-18 Ford Explorer AM FM Radio Audio Climate Control Panel Bezel GB5T18A802BD

do you want the normal sync, or the big screen sync? i can see what i can find ;)

as in this style, 2016-18 Ford Explorer AM FM Radio Audio Climate Control Panel Bezel GB5T18A802BD

or the largee screen, and do you want myfordtouch?

another option: go to the local JY and pull the headunit/bezel you want, along with the supporting wiring... im not sure what wiring this have, and if it would work w myford touch due to wiring differences though
I'd settle for just having Bluetooth work.

alright, see my 2nd post then to see if that works... theres probably wiring differecnes between the PIU version adn the cicilian sync though... perhaps a trip to your local JY could help to find this out!

Anyone else care to chime in on this subject? I still don't have an answer to my question. I sincerely appreciate the window sticker. I've tried googling the number before the radio on the window sticker but no luck there. There seems to be a billion part numbers for stock radios in these for some odd reason, and I have no idea what I need to match up in order to make sure I get the right one. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I was trying to avoid going all the way down to a dealership to figure this out but I guess if that's my only option.

View attachment 428408

I have a stock radio, screen and bezel for your application.

hey maurauder leader, what are the PN's on your bezel, screen, radio? just curious!!! thanks!

hey maurauder leader, what are the PN's on your bezel, screen, radio? just curious!!! thanks!
Beats me, it’s at my shop. I know it’s from a ‘16 though

no worries! thanks! ;)

That’s not the best upgrade, sync III would be the best oe upgrade.
oh, alright! i have a 2nd gen, so much has changed since! i just saw that as one fo the smiliar threads!

Back