Stock radio LCD screen, PSU in 1998 Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stock radio LCD screen, PSU in 1998 Explorer.

rs2k

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
When I bought my Explorer the LCD screen in the radio didn't work. I removed the radio, took out the PSU, and re-soldered all the cold solder joints. Now the radio works, but it will often takes a minute or two for it to "warm up" before the screen turns on. Is there a place to get a new PSU for the radio? I haven't had any luck looking online.

I don't really want to upgrade to a new radio. I like the look and feel of the stock radio and all I need is FM for my phone's bluetooth to FM xmitter and AM radio to make me happy.

You can try this guy...

Radio display fix: Trever can be found at (sayko4@aol.com) He charged me $45.00 plus shipping. All I did was mail him my radio w/ return postage to E.Mike Harrington at 304 Hartin Blvd,Summerville,SC 29483. He wants you to put your name ,address in the box w/radio. Be sure to really pack it well especially the front knobs.

+1 For Trever, he fixed mine over 5 years ago. Lifetime guarantee, still works perfectly.

Back