• Register Today It's free!

Stock ride height

davebar

Reaction score
City, State
Kirtland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Anyone know the stock ride height for a 2001 2 door with 16 inch rims and stock tires?

I got 34 in front and 33 in the back...I measured from the ground to the top of the inner fender...

It looks abit higher than some of the other stock trucks I see on here and I am wondering if the TT lift was already done...

thanks

Dave

It is impossible to give an answer as each Explorer is different. FORD does not even have this information.

It is impossible to give an answer as each Explorer is different. FORD does not even have this information.

Actually Ford does, in fact, have a spec, but it's not an actual height measurement. It's the difference in the measurement between the ground and the lower control arm pivot bolt, and the ground to the lower-most corner of the spindle next to the lower ball joint. (90-111mm with old suspension components, and 110-116mm with new suspension components, assuming, of course, non-automatic-ride-control vehicle)

In other words, the angle of the lower control arm determines the 'proper' ride height for the vehicle, regardless of the weight on the front end, engine/trans/drivetrain selection, or wheel and tire size.

One of these days, I'll get around to doing a write-up with some pics and sketches. In the mean time, for anyone with an OEM service manual, it's section 204-01A

Back