Wheel spacers on a stock ride height | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel spacers on a stock ride height

Reaction score
City, State
Milford, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
So, I know that their are threads and posts on this already. I actually just got done reading an article on the wheel offsets and all that, but soon grew confused about it all. So I am hoping someone could help me with this directly almost.... what would be the ideal wheel spacer size on my 2000 ford explorer xls. (I have been pondering the shackle and tt lift for it with the 31x10.50 tires but decided to vote against it due to money wise with the tires). I don't really like how the stock tires are tucked up underneath the fender wells on the stock height right now. I was thinking that wheel spacers would be ideal, but don't want to just go out and buy some without someone else's opinion on this.... So help anyone?

Spacers and ride height

I put an add a leaf on the back of my '99 to bring the back end up to level with the front. The sag wasn't too bad but I still didn't like how it looked. Later I put 2" wheel spacers on the back since it has the stock fender flares on it. Check my posts, there are before and after pics of the aal and wheel spacers. I have 265 75 16 tires (31's).

I just went and looked at the pictures. Nice! I really like the look after the spacers were installed. Have you had any "premature" wear on the bearings after the spacer installation?

Not sure about the bearings, but the driver side started to seep so the seals have been affected. Picking up some gear oil today or tomorrow to top off the diff until I can find time to replace the bearings and seals.
I had thought I ordered 1 1/2" spacers but 2" ones showed up. Looked back at the order and sure enough, they were the ones I actually ordered. The extra wide stance does minimize body roll.

Back