Stock Sub wiring

Willard

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ranger Edge
Alright so I have a '94 EB and the stock sub. I have an aftermarket HU. Now, it works just fine as is, but I want to rewire the stock sub amp and bypass the four-channel door speaker amp. I have pre-outs, so I would think that I could just wire in the stock sub amp inputs to the pre-outs, and it would work, right? Would I need to run a remote turn-on somehow? I know the stock sub is getting its signal from the stock four channel amp, so I would think that it is just sending preamp outputs over to it.

The stock sub has it's own amp.

There are two amps behind the panel.

*Sorry for the mis-read also. Beer reading is not very accurate*

are you talking about just the powering on (say remote wire to get the power on without the speaker amp coming on) or getting the music to go through (say, rca's)?? I have plenty experience with amps/subs/decks.. but i havent dealt with the stock set up in the ex... i can try and help..

*edit*

me being smart, mis-read your first post.. Id say find the remote wire for the sub amp (on some diagrams i found, blue) wire that from your decks remote wire, and if u say the sub amp has preouts, hook your rca's into those, and that should work for you..

Back