stock tire pressure | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stock tire pressure

What tire pressure do you keep your STOCK size tires at?

• 26-27 psi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 28-29 psi

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 30-32 psi

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • 33-35 psi

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • 36-39 psi

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 40+ psi

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

raginraj

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLS 4x4 (4.0L OHV)
Just thought of another poll... I dunno if it's been done before but here goes. The "stock" just means that you have the factory recommended size wheels and tires on your X. So if you've changed tires (brand, tread type, whatever) as long as you kept the same size I'm still interested in what pressure you stay at.

I personally go between 30psi and 32psi depending on how much city or freeway driving I plan on doing in the immediate future.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on my moms stock explorer with 235/75/15 bridgestone dueler h/l on stock 15x7 teardrop rims we keep them set at 35 psi

I was running my 235/75/15 Michelin's for my trip from Portland to Tucson at 40 psi. I normally run mine at 36 psi for city driving though. I did a chalk test to determine that 36 psi was a good pressure to operate at.

I edited your poll a little. Your highest ranking was 33+, and personally, most people I know run 33+.

I have run 33-35 on every tire I have ever owned.

edit: I also changed Al's and friech's votes to reflect their respective votes.

I have to say I'm kinda surprised. For a 235/75/15 tire I thought that over 33 psi would be a little bit much. You really do learn something everyday. I might fill my Michelin's up to 35 or so to see if I notice any difference.

friech... what's a chalk test?

about 35,

i even run around 35 in the tires on my car

Back