Street Glow Neon Lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Street Glow Neon Lights

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not on my ex, but on previous car. get the streetglo glod, or pro...whcichever ut is, cant remember. they will be brighter and less prone to breaking.

I am going to get the gold series on ebay for $129.00 and it will be blue..I wonder how hard the install is? I know cars are lower to the ground so therfor it would be brighter..My Moutaineer is stock height

Do a search on it. I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of pictures of them here. I think the coolest one is the one with just white neon lights. Something to consider in the near future.

my install on my contour took just under 4 hrs, working alone, first time doing something like that. the ex should go much quicker due to sround clearance and more places to mount (contour has unibody frame, makes it difficult to mount). i would say that you are looking at 2-3 hrs, dependsing on how and where you mount and what you do about a switch.

on my 02 ex, the install wasn't hard at all. just make SURE your tube DOES NOT show. that will ruin your underbody when you see the tube at night or even during the day. it just looks awful. i got white, it is pretty bright, but we also have trucks, so the lights are higher off the ground they aren't going to be as bright as they would on a car..... i'll go take some pictures of where i mounted mine, it might help you out a little on getting an idea.

here is a shot of the front tube (kinda upside down):
374384_42_full.jpg

the front is screwed in by 3 screws in the middle and there was no place to screw the ends but the frame so i just zip tied the ends real tight:
374384_46_full.jpg

a shot of the side tube(s), both sides of the car are the same so i only took a picture of one side. i have the ends of the tube screwed in and its screwed in 2 more spots in the middle of it for more support:
374384_47_full.jpg

a close shot..
374384_48_full.jpg

a shot of the back tube. yeah i drilled into the hitch which it says not too but that was the only place without having to remove my spare and that wasn't happening. it's screwed in at the ends and zip-tied in the middle.

374384_43_full.jpg

close up:

374384_45_full.jpg

374384_44_full.jpg

the switch
374384_50_full.jpg

374384_49_full.jpg

the complete install took me about a hour or so to do. it doesn't take that long really. if you have any questions on how to wire it or hook it up just drop me a email... desiredpimp03@netscape.net

i have the white one by the way... here are a couple of night shots. all my pics are from my phone so they aren't the best with lighting and quality so0o....

374384_38_full.jpg

374384_39_full.jpg

374384_16_full.jpg

not bad for a phone.

it only took me less than an hour because i have installed these on about 5 cars already. the only cars i didnt have trouble on was mine and my friends grand prix. if it's your first time it shouldn't take you more than 3 1/2 to 4 hours if you hide all the wires right and zip tie everything under the hood and make look all fancy. i have all my wires covered up by white wire looms under the hood and zip tied down.

Thats a nice X Timmy

Since the tubes are on the outside do you worry about them breaking? Also it doesnt matter if they get wet does it? Is the material glass or a plastic? I have wanted to but blue ones under my explorer but was unsure.

Thanx for the great write up..Your x is looking great! I need to get some rims for mine..I am pieceing it together slowly LoL.. The shop wants $120 to install them

Yeah pretty much every shop around here wants about $100 to install them. So I have my friends run around telling everyone. I personally do it for $30. I've done them on a couple of S10's, Grand Prixs, Talons. So I make a little side profit. If you lived around me I'd hook you up and do it for free.

PapiC, the only kits that are worth getting is the StreetGlow. Blue Line is good but Gold Series works great! Every kit comes with a warranty for Lifetime as long as the outside tube doesn't break. They are hard to break let me tell you that. My friend has had his on his Talon for a year now and they've lasted through winter and all. I only deal with GoldSeries

scroll down on my web page to see my green UB kit.
after installing all those kits and you still dont remove the stickers that say install clamp here?? ;)

Streetglow gold series it is then. I have seen some on ebay for a decent price. Now I got to figure out which color. Silenze the green looks nice!! HOw many kits do you have under there or is that just the way the gold series looks?

actually i have the optix brand kit. its made by streetglow, i think its just a repackaged blueline series.
2 48" tubes and 2 30" tubes. i dont know why there was so much glow in that pic, mabey cuz the driveway is slanted. you can tell from the pic that my back one is mounted to high in between the bumper and the spare. it puts out very little glow. there is not much clearance behind the tire.
ill fix that soon. you will be very happy with any steetglow kit. i just got a good price on mine and had to have it.

I got my street glow gold series on ebay...I paid $129 with free shipping..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:eek: I have the Puprle neons under mine, I installed them myself, took like 3 hours to do all by myself, it would have probably taken less time to do, but I did all the zip tie things as well in a professional looking manner, I am one that loves details. The purple really looks good at night, will have to post pics so that you guys can see...

Back