street pressures for big tires... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

street pressures for big tires...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With my 36" TSLs I run about 20 lbs. and with my 35" Claws I run about 18 lbs. Just low enough to let the tire wear normal and even.

what size rim do you have? An 8" rim makes the tire balloon more and therefor should be ran at a lower psi.

I assuming your 33's are 12.5 wide. I would run about 25 or an 8" rim and 30 on a 10"

Really...and that helps them wear better??

Then should I run my 32" MTR's at around 25...I drive around 30mins highway and 30 mins street per day??

in his sig thread GJarret has a method for finding the optimal tire wear pressure.

Take a piece of chalk and color a line across the tread. Drive a few feet and see what wears off. This would be the tread hitting the pavement. adjust preasure until it all wears off at the same time.

I'm not sure if 32" is considered a big tire.. but..

32x11.50 BFG AT/KO on 8" rims.. We run 31 up front and 34/35 in the rear for the street..

now that I'm towing 2300lbs every 3 days I keep them at 32 front and 36 rear..

the 31/34 combo gives us a good wear pattern.. we wore out the old tires @ about 60k miles..

~Mark

I run my 265 75R16 Michelin LTX ATs at 35 front/rear. The first year I had them at 30 but it felt to squishy. I tried 35 just to see how it would react and I liked it a lot better. Wear is normal.

I run my Michelin Cross terrain 265/70R16 at 35 rear, 33-34 front and rotate every 5,000. i also do a 5 tire rotation so I hope to see 100,000 out of these tires! :D

I have 265/75/16's on mine. I used a load inflation chart and then did the chalk test yesterday. I'm running 31 psi up front, And 33 psi in the rear.

Back