Street Scene Speed Grille HELP!!!

Martin01ES

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
This is for a 2001 Explorer Sport

I got my Street Scene grille in today and I'm kinda confused! I got the stock grille out and its like on this pastic thing that holds it all together and i don't know what to do from here...just attach the speed grille over the stock or do i cut it out (if so, how do i attach the speed grille) Please someone help me, I'm willing to get this done by noon (when i have to go to work) yes, i'll be up all night! My kit came with zip ties and not clips!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe the SS grille should come with like zip ties and you just zip tie it too the stock grille atleast thats the way you would do it on a 2001 ST it could be different.

Yes, mine has zip ties and I could do that, but you can see the hexagons and really doesn't look right. If I cut the hexagons out, how should I attach the grille, cut some small holes? No matter what I do, I am painting the stock grille thing black, so this probably won't get done tonight. I'll just go drive it like black magics until complete! Still need some help though...

Sorry i couldn't be of more help i took my stock grille out of mine to install my billet grille so i wouldn't know how to do the SS grille my friend has one (non-ford) but he just used the zip ties and i looks good maybe someone will chime in who has done it.

Hi,
I cut my stock grill out, and although mine came with these clips, I used zip ties to attach the new grill, I have no patience and everytime I would get 2 clips on 3 would jump off, so after numerous bad words and threats against said grill, I decided zip ties, worked great................................. all done!!!!! hope it helps,
Sandy

K-9Search said:
Hi,
I cut my stock grill out, and although mine came with these clips, I used zip ties to attach the new grill, I have no patience and everytime I would get 2 clips on 3 would jump off, so after numerous bad words and threats against said grill, I decided zip ties, worked great................................. all done!!!!! hope it helps,
Sandy

So you just cut out the octagon shapes then attached it...what did you attach the zip ties to then?

i have the t-rex billet grille and i cut my front grille out or actually i unsnapped it then i cut the little tabs that hold it on off with a rotary tool so it never even looks as it existed then i used self tappers for the grille and the bottom grille into the pillars too.......thats what my instructions said to do so i did it and it looks great.............look under before and after, show x in the making.

Back