Strobes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Strobes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd stay away from any strobe kits that aren't a well-know name brand. You're just asking for it to crap out on you. I've had dismal luck with no-name brands like the one you showed before. Just my two cents.

Can't really help you with that kit, but I run Whelen strobes that were in my buddy truck for years and they're still going strong. Are you an emergency responder?

Go with Whelen, Sho-me, etc.. Those off brand names are worthless in my opinion.. Just remember that in some states the use of strobes or even having them installed in your vehicle can be considered illegal.. For example if your state does annual inspections and they see them, they can fail you for having improper equipment.

im running street glow neo blu strobes on my truck and for the money they are definitely not worth it. they are cool if you have a show truck and its night time but during the day you cant really see them. just wanted to let you know so you don't spend money and get ripped off. the whelen lights are one of the best brands you can get. that is the company that makes lights for police cruisers. they are extremely bright and last for an extremely long time and you hardly ever have problems according to my police buddies but dont use them on the streets because you will get stopped and you will get fined

Can't really help you with that kit, but I run Whelen strobes that were in my buddy truck for years and they're still going strong. Are you an emergency responder?

yeh i have 8 corners right now but i want to add four to my new driving lights im going to put on the truck

Im a emergency equipment upfitter and I sell and install all types of emergency equipment if anybody ever has any questions feel free to ask.

I've used similar ones to the Autozone one's - from Autozone as well. PepBoys sells some that are pretty decent as well. The one's I used slip in next to the bulb and have a switch that I mounted in the ****pit.

the pep boys and autozone "strobes" are pitiful. sure they are super cheap but you are paying for quality.

Notice I said I've used - not that I'd recommend :)

JUNK, can get the real deal for a little more $ but its guaranteed to work & last.

Back