• Register Today It's free!

Strut Orientation

derekmj64

Reaction score
City, State
Holland, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
I am replacing the struts on my wife's 2015 Limited Explorer (3.5L 4WD), I removed the old ones and the top bearing plates got moved and now I am unsure which way the arrows are supposed to face on the strut (inward or outward). I am replacing the struts with new Monroe's. Thanks for your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Derek. :wave:
I was able to find 2 threads on this but they were not updated with a resolution. The 2nd one has a post that might help.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Derek. :wave:
I was able to find 2 threads on this but they were not updated with a resolution. The 2nd one has a post that might help.

Peter
Thank you for sharing!

I am replacing the struts on my wife's 2015 Limited Explorer (3.5L 4WD), I removed the old ones and the top bearing plates got moved and now I am unsure which way the arrows are supposed to face on the strut (inward or outward). I am replacing the struts with new Monroe's. Thanks for your help!
I think I found a video with the arrows pointing toward the engine, i had to look closely.

I think I found a video with the arrows pointing toward the engine, i had to look closely.

Thanks for that Tony but I don't believe the member you quoted is around any longer. He was last seen here on May 6, 20221. However, it may help others.

Peter

Factory orientation is arrows out

Back