Stryctny9e's 1993 XLT | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stryctny9e's 1993 XLT

Hey guys, thoght I would make a registry for my explorer. I bought my EX for $1800 about a year ago with 132,000 miles on it. Strong motor, she ran smooth, and a bunch of little issues. That is when I was searching to resolve them and found this site. It all started with the drivers side door sag, which was quickly taken care of thanks to DeRocha's how to thread. Then there was some missing interior parts like a few light covers, rear vanity cover and a broken arm rest. I dragged my girlfriend with me to the junkyard in the rain (her first time to a junk yard) and ended up finding everything I needed. I also changed most fluids, oil, transmission/filter, radiator, lubed suspension. Didn't plan on doing much with the explorer until I found all the cool things I could do on this site. I also got tired of my truck looking like the other million explorer roaming around my town.

I like to hunt and go out shooting on a regular basis so I got a chance to fool around with the 4wd quickly. I found that the 4x4 high worked but the 4x4 low range was inoperable. SO it was back to the forum to do some searching and that led me to pull off the electric shift motor and clean it. As I suspected the plastic stopper was broken, replaced it and the low range worked right off the bat.

I quickly found that my Exploder lacked ground clearence(whoops thread-learning the hard way) and want to do a lift and some bigger tires. The day after that incident I recived my warrior shackles in the mail and installed them. I also installed new wheel bearings, painted I beam and brake calibers, and rear drums, also painted the spindles. I also just got done painting Bpillars and the rear pillars. They were all faded and I wanted them to match my truck since it is a two tone.Also painted wiper arms and plan on doing door/hatch handle soon.

The body and paint were in good condition there was only a dent in the passenger side fender and minimal rust. Mainly the rust is on the roof in the rain channles. There is a new dent in the hatch, a friend of mine bought a boat and asked me to tow it for him, I said yes. The guy he bought it from loaded it on my hitch, I did not check it myself thinking he is a boat owner and fully capable of doing it right, wrong. Three blocks down the road I was rear ended by a boat. I was pissed at the time and he offered to by me a new hatch but I don't want a missmatched truch and have yet to find the same color scheme at the junkyard. I got over it and about a month later some Jacko decides he don't want taco bell any more and backs out of the drive thru. Meanwhile I am backing out of my parking spot. I am honking my horn and apperently he was def because his toyota tacoma backed into the drivers side of my rear wheel well resulting in a softball size dent. I held back my temper and said a few kind words to him and went on my way before the scene escalated.

My plans for the future are a new/used motor after my wheelin incident(think I have rod knock)but she is still running. A coil spacer/add-a-leaf lift. New rims and tires. Probably some cragar's and 32's x 11.50. Possible body lift for even bigger tires but onle after I do some re-gearing. New lights, my light quality sucks and would like to upgrade for a newer look.Oh yea I am going to rhino line the roof of the EX to get rid of that rust and add a uniquie look. Manual hubs, and a flow master exhaust that will happen sooner than later, because I have a fist size hole in the muffler, caused from when I had to pull the truck out of the mud hole. I will also be doing ball joints/ u-joints, tie-rod ends and bushings when I do the lift.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to do all the how to write ups and posted all the good advise and knowlege to the site. I will be doing my part soon.

What you have all been waiting for THE PICS

Attachments

• IMG_3555.jpg
    IMG_3555.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,318
  • IMG_3556.JPG
    IMG_3556.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,291
  • IMG_3557.JPG
    IMG_3557.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,299
  • IMG_3558.JPG
    IMG_3558.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,305

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Roof Rack Painted

Took the roof rack off the other day and painted it up. I still have to paint the roof rack rails but I am waiting for a nice day to finish it up.

Attachments

• IMG_3536.JPG
    IMG_3536.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_3552.JPG
    IMG_3552.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 404

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Truck look's great!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its looking good I like it.

Grille Painted

So it was a nice day out here in oregon today and I finished painting the roof rack rails and painted up the grille. Just a little project while it was nice out. I really like how the grille turned out, the black background makes the crome pop out a little. Not a huge fan of chrome but it is the way it came and there is too much of it to get rid of right now, so I will make the best of it. Its supposed to be nice tommaro so I will probably be throwing on the add a leafs and taking more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3555.jpg
    IMG_3555.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_3554.JPG
    IMG_3554.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_3553.JPG
    IMG_3553.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 378

pro Comp Add-A-Leaf install

Today I put on my pro comp add a leafs. It was fairly easy thanks to the how to V8boatbuilders thread. I cant really seem to see a difference in the rear lift, but my girlfriend says she can. I can tell that it is stiffer when I drive and I like it alot better. While I was under the ass end I cleaned her up a little bit by wiping down the dirt and giving the diff and sway bar and leafs a little spray paint action. Nothing major just to keep the water and mud off a little better. As I would say "I wiped her ass today." Long story short a fairly easy install and even if I didnt get much lift out of it I like the way her ass feels now and im sure it will improve with the body roll.

Attachments

• IMG_3534.JPG
    IMG_3534.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_3535.JPG
    IMG_3535.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_3537.JPG
    IMG_3537.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 354

More pics

Attachments

• IMG_3542.JPG
    IMG_3542.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_3541.JPG
    IMG_3541.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_3540.JPG
    IMG_3540.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 345

Finished product

Attachments

• IMG_3543.JPG
    IMG_3543.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_3544.JPG
    IMG_3544.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_3545.JPG
    IMG_3545.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 351

Coming soon Coil spring spacers

Found these coil spring spacers on E bay 70 bucks, sounded good to me. Hopefully I will get those done in a couple days, with pics of course. Ahhh to continue the hunt for tires.

Attachments

• IMG_3556.JPG
    IMG_3556.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 360

Awesome stuff mate. those add a leaf came out sweet! What height are those spacer's? Bloody good score regardless!!!

Fishin & Flexin

I went fishing and got few cool pics of the EX and I only caught one fish, but it was fun. Wilson River OR

Attachments

• IMG_3569.JPG
    IMG_3569.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_3568.JPG
    IMG_3568.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_3558.JPG
    IMG_3558.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 320

Flexy sexy

A few more not much but climbed up a little rock and took some pics. Doin what I can with half stock height.

Attachments

• IMG_3566.JPG
    IMG_3566.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_3567.JPG
    IMG_3567.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 328

Cruise Control Now Working

:cool:Oh yea I almost forgot, on my way home from the river I was playing with the cruise control buttons and all the sudden it started working!!! I was stoaked cosidering I have tried to use it several times but couldnt get it to work. I may have been doing the procedure wrong, but cruise control is pretty straight forward. Anyways it works now and I am happy that when I go for road trips I can kick back and let the cruise do the work.

Nice looking Ex! Your pillar painting turned out very nice!:thumbsup:

lol its good you brought your handgun

Good good, I'm mor of a glock guy, springfield is a good weapon aswell

I fell in love with my springfield the day I seen it! Dont they call them Glock killers? Ha Ha just kidding, Funny little story, when I was buying my pistol the guy selling me mine ( I already knew what I wanted- he was just doing the paperwork) was a springfield man, his co worker was a Glock guy and was trying to sell a customer a glock and dude kept bustin his co workers balls about springfield being a Glock killer. With the customer seeing me buying the XD and the sales dude busting balls and talking smack, the customer ended up picking up a XD also and dude stole guys sale. It was kinda funny. I also like glocks as equal as springfield both exellent choices in weapons, but my Springfield is my baby and she has a nice body on her. More body lines than the glock but they perform equally excellent.

Kinda sounded like I was talking about somthing other than guns there at the end.

Thanks for the comments on the pillars. I didnt think it came out too bad for a rattle can job. The paint actually matches alot better than I thought it would. I like it alot better than that faded peeling primer gray look.

Isnt winnemucca close to Elko NV? I my be going with my girl out to elko next month to visit her family, maybe I will see you crusin in your EX.

Back