stupid headlight switch back light!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stupid headlight switch back light!!

yob_yeknom

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Glade Hill, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT & '06 Limited
:frustrate :mad: :fire: That stupid light behind the headlight switch has burnt out AGAIN!! :fire: That is the 4th bulb that has burnt out in a little over a year, and half of that time I was just driving around with a burnt out bulb anyways. So that means 4 bulbs lasted only 6 months! What a waste!
Every other bulb in my Explorer lasts for a long time, but that one lasts no longer than a month each time I've replaced it. What is up with that? Anyone else have this problem?

:frustrate Stupid little blue bullet-shaped bulb! :shoot:

I feel a little better now that I've vented.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine just went out also. I'm just gonna leave it, I know where the switch is anyways....

Mine just went out yesterday. It's the first time in my truck's history. All my interior bulbs are OK except for the right buttons on the steering wheel. But I have noticed that they're starting to go, EEK!!!

Mine went out too...too lazy to change the damn thing

My overhead lights crapped out on me three times in a row. Not fun.

wait, the light switch is supposed to illuminate?? hahahaha

guess mines out... :p

:exp: :hammer:

I probably jinxed it but it's ok. I changed mine last year and has yet to burn out. If you need the part number, it's F57Z13B765AC. I hope this helps.

i'm in the same boat as chewie... there's a bulb back there?

Originally posted by ChewieM16

:exp: :hammer:

Me too, never knew it was supposed to light up! :eek:
Well i now have somethingt oplay with today when i get off work

Hahaha...yup! There's a bulb back there. I asked Ford about it and they said a whole assembly but the advisor found the part number on just the bulb so I got the bulb. I paid $5 for the bulb. It's cheap.

How do you get to the bulb?

You basically have to take the entire dash apart to get to the bulb. It's not worth it unless you already have the dash apart for something else.

Screw it, it's not that important to me. I can't even install white face gauges! :D

Originally posted by yob_yeknom
You basically have to take the entire dash apart to get to the bulb. It's not worth it unless you already have the dash apart for something else.

I've taken the cluster out so many times now that I can take the dash apart & put everything back together in like 5 minutes lol

Yep, just noticed mine was out the other day as well. Took me 25 minutes to get the old one out, and I am picking up two new ones today (one to install, one to have spare at the house). Thanks for posting the part number F57Z13B765AC; cost is $4.81 at my local dealer. I should have it replaced by dinnertime tonight!

Bill

Originally posted by fgump
Thanks for posting the part number F57Z13B765AC; cost is $4.81 at my local dealer.
Bill

Darn, my dealer wants $8.81 a piece for these bulbs

Originally posted by fgump
Thanks for posting the part number F57Z13B765AC; cost is $4.81 at my local dealer. I should have it replaced by dinnertime tonight!

Bill

No problem. Glad I can help.

Originally posted by ChewieM16

Save ya the trouble Chewie, there is no bulb on a 1994. I believe it is only on 1995-newer :exp:s

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Save ya the trouble Chewie, there is no bulb on a 1994. I believe it is only on 1995-newer

Or maybe YOUR bulb is out too!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Back