• Register Today It's free!

sub box question

transmissionguy

Reaction score
City, State
greentown , Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer xlt
I have one 10 inch pioneer 400 watt sub that im going to build a box for just a simple cube is all I want, well i dont know what size to build it . my paper work says the sub has a displacement of 0.040cu.ft what does this mean and how can it tell me how big a box to build?? thanks for the help everybody!

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your paperwork should tell you the optimal enclosure size, or their website might.

You want the enclosure to be: X - .040cuft = optimum volume, or optimal volume + .040cuft.

Alec, please dont double post ;)

Yep he is right on, just take your three internal side sizes, mutiply them all together, then divid it by 1728 to get how many cubic feet it is.

man guys do I feel like a dumb ass i didnt realize there was crap printed on the back of the paper i got with the sub it gives the sizes and even a template to use for the hole ! lol :rolleyes:

thanks for the help all the same though !!

Mike

lol happens to everyone...my fav is..dude there was a backside to the test? ....i failed a few because of that lol

ok so on my papers for a sealed enclosure it says i need to make a box with 1.0cu ft of air space sorry guys im no good with math and this stuff so could someone clarify this stuff for me or help me figure the dimensions out I would greatly appreciate this !! thanks for your time a patience folks

Mike

Make a sub enclosure that is 12x12x12 internal. The .04 sub displacement is negligible so I would not worry. The box will end up being .96 internal.

thanks for ther help Vteg I really appreciate it !

Mike

Back