• Register Today It's free!

Subwoofer Box

VasqUez91

Reaction score
City, State
bakersfield ,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 ford explorer 4.0L
I have a 2001 ford explorer sport trac and i want to make a box to put under the back seat, could someone help me with the measurements or a picture on how it looks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also interested in this. I originally wanted to have the storage behind the back seat cut out and have like 2 12's back there but I love having that space and I don't really need anything that loud so I decided a box under the back seat would be more practical. I have a buddy who will sell me an Interfire 10 for $50

yeah, I want a box for under the seat but i wanted for a 12"

Any autio place will tell you that the sport trac is the hardest vehicle to fit subs in. I had a quote for a whole new system and it was about $800. There is a company that makes one box to fit under the seat that i know of but it only holds one sub and i think a 12'' would be pushing it.
Id just google it, maybe you can find a how to guide thats cheaper. Good luck!

You can either make one or they sell them with or without subs included on ebay fairly cheap. I'll upload and post a picture of the box with measurements for ya.
picture.php

picture.php

Awesome. Thanks a lot Midnight. I don't have the tools or the know how to pull off something like that. I'm gonna give some audio places around here a call and see how much it would be to have one made and everything installed. I harvested my old sub/amp from my old car that my little sister took to college lol so I have a Memphis Car Audio '12 and a 600 watt Sony Xplode amp that worked pretty well for me. Hopefully it's not too much just to have a box fabbed and everything installed.

interesting....thanks for the advice! I'm gonna have to reconsider my options here. I'm not super comfortable installing audio stuff so I'll have to think on this a bit. Thanks a lot for the help. I love this forum!

Dgonz, you'll get robbed doing that, here's a site from quick google search for a box with a Kicker included for $116.96. Their tons more out there .

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/...e&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseFeed

Well you were right on the robbed part. I went and just asked a local guy for an estimate. First he told me my '12 won't fit unless I rip the flooring up because it's too deep. Which I can kind of see. I also have a buddy of mine willing to sell me a '10 for cheap. So I brought up that option. But then he just quoted me at $130 for the box, and $98 MORE to wire everything up! holy crap....that option is clearly out lol.

Back