Sunroof Rear Drain Holes Plugged | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sunroof Rear Drain Holes Plugged

Razor007

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello everyone nice to be here and really need some help. I own a 2002 ford explorer sport 2door. Water is coming in from my sunroof and dripping down from the head liner on the rear drivers side in the middle of the 2 rear windows and dripping on wheel well in the back compartment. I am sure it is the sunroof drain hose is plugged and backing up inside because i poured water at all four corners of the sunroof track and the 2 front and passenger drained I could see the water coming out at the bottom of truck but the rear drivers poured inside from liner down. My problem is you cant see the rear drain holes to run some wire or air to unclog the problem is there a way of doing it and could i get step by step instructions from someone. Thanks:ca::ca::ca:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome, and try a bit of compressed air. Don't go nuts or you will blow them off the nipples at the sunroof though. You will then have to pull the headliner down to put them back on...

thanks wood1 but the problem is i cant see the rear drain holes to blow them out. i can see the front ones no problem but not the back holes

They should be down the inside of the a and b pillars. You will have to remove interior pieces to get to them.

Attachments

• SAM_0367.JPG
    SAM_0367.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,838

Back