Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build | Page 39 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build

Thanks guys
I was worried I messed it up lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So the wife went into the basement ...my work area... she said what the hell is that I said it's a new lawnmower engine isn't it cool I'm going to hell for this I'm in to deep to stop now

I'm waiting on some parts in the mail however I am gonna install the fuel pump this weekend
I already know the feeling Bud...

Hell copy.jpg

Update
We finally installed the U. joints The factory ones started sounding like crickets
The rear u joint ended up having water damage
The seals have gotten hard
I did purchase a ball joint press Made the job very easy
We clamped The ball joint press In the bench vise Worked a treat

Update
We finally installed the U. joints The factory ones started sounding like crickets
The rear view joint ended up having water damage
The seals have gotten hard
I did purchase a ball joint press Made the job very easy
We clamped The ball joint press In the bench vise Worked a treat
Always good to hear updates on your Explorer!

My transmission voluntarily self-destructed so it makes upgrading easier for the supercharger install. Did you do anything special to your transmission's 'guts'?

Always good to hear updates on your Explorer!

My transmission voluntarily self-destructed so it makes upgrading easier for the supercharger install. Did you do anything special to your transmission's 'guts'?
I had it rebuilt
The rebuild guy did upgrades I'd have to look at the paperwork
Ask your rebuild guy what upgrades he can do

I had it rebuilt
The rebuild guy did upgrades I'd have to look at the paperwork
Ask your rebuild guy what upgrades he can do
Jeg's actually has off-the-shelf upgraded transmissions with same kit as 5.0 'teenager-vs-telephone pole' Mustang transmissions.
Seems like everyone who says they 'repair transmissions' just order off-the-shelf replacements anyway. hard as heck to find someone who knows what the sign on the front of a 'transmission shop' implies. :/

Thanks!
]

Jeg's actually has off-the-shelf upgraded transmissions with same kit as 5.0 'teenager-vs-telephone pole' Mustang transmissions.
Seems like everyone who says they 'repair transmissions' just order off-the-shelf replacements anyway. hard as heck to find someone who knows what the sign on the front of a 'transmission shop' implies. :/

Thanks!
]
If I remember correctly there wasn't too many speed related upgrades that could be done the frictions and steel plates were upgraded in my transmission but I am not sure on the details it's been a few years

All of the real upgrades were done with new valve body and stuff done to it
all factory Recommended stuff

I did install an external transmission cooler filter
And I change the fluid once a year
I just suck as much as I can get from the dipstick tube Usually a gallon
At 50,000 miles I adjusted the bands

^^my man

Everyone neglects the band adjustment

Back