Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know what the filament was but the printer was a ultimaker extended+. I do have the stl file and will upload tomorrow. I did make it my self it took 15 mins and the print took about 1 hour and 40 minutes to print. The printers are owned by the school so that is why I don't know the filament brand. I made it in 3rd period and got it at the end of the day.
D.J.

Installed

20191205_174950.jpg

20191205_180339.jpg

20191205_175923.jpg

Looks damn good. Taillight tiny will conform to about any curve, but needs heat.

Drawing was done on Autodesk Inventor and the slicing was done on Cura. I will put up the Invented file and stl file when I get home from school.
D.J.
-EDIT-
it seems to not let me put any other files on here except images. @BrooklynBay

tint will do curves, with a heat gun... I tried about 32 times to tint my own windows, using everything from the cheapo film to the super high end stuff. I failed every time when I would reach the curve at the top of the rear BII windows. Then heat gun I almost had it, then it melted. I ended up spending like $250 on window tint and tools trying like heck to do my own...then paid $400 to have the truck done professionally :)
the heat will get the film to curve
But they also make the spray that would work on this lens

So cool you guys 3d printed something for it!! jealous

Nice!

I drive with the interior lights dimmed when I can.

I was thinking the inline resistor, but I also got a can of spray tint for the Glo Shifts gauges I bought.

X-EDGE printed (Edge front clip on my X) bolt = supercharged
emblem.jpg

Nice!

I drive with the interior lights dimmed when I can.

I was thinking the inline resistor, but I also got a can of spray tint for the Glo Shifts gauges I bought.

X-EDGE printed (Edge front clip on my X) bolt = supercharged
emblem.jpg
The glow shift / max tow gauge instructions say not to use a resistor in that circuit so I didn't

Duh excuse me, I forget all this stuff is LED now.

It might not light with a resistor/lower voltage and the gauge may not work, sorry.

I also miss posted about the gauge I found.

I got a matching set vac/boost and wideband Air/fuel gauges. I hope they are work.

I bought a Glow Shift 15lb Max, it is tinted and dims by 30% when you turn on headlights:

Glow Shift GS-T701_15 Tinted 7 Color

vac-boost.jpg

Duh excuse me, I forget all this stuff is LED now.

It might not light with a resistor/lower voltage and the gauge may not work, sorry.

I also miss posted about the gauge I found.

I got a matching set vac/boost and wideband Air/fuel gauges. I hope they are work.

I bought a Glow Shift 15lb Max, it is tinted and dims by 30% when you turn on headlights:

Glow Shift GS-T701_15 Tinted 7 Color

vac-boost.jpg
The glow shift / max tow gauges are hit and miss on reviews but mine turned out great
people in the reviews saying theirs died freaking out display etc.. I noticed the problem it comes with thin wires and runs on such low power that imo soldering is required I just soldered directly to the fuse out of the way of the socket poped them in and good
the gauge s are very bright so buy some spray tint or a non invasive way like us

The glow shift / max tow gauges are hit and miss on reviews but mine turned out great
people in the reviews saying theirs died freaking out display etc.. I noticed the problem it comes with thin wires and runs on such low power that imo soldering is required I just soldered directly to the fuse out of the way of the socket poped them in and good
the gauge s are very bright so buy some spray tint or a non invasive way like us

That's a great observation. The wires being so small, variations in voltage will directly affect accuracy etc. I have a voltage gauge that has worked well except for showing a little low, say 12.1 volts instead of 12.3(checked by voltmeter nearby).

A temperature gauge I installed from the same brand has never been close. I have two now, but the first time out I wired one alone through a switch, to two sensors. The readings were way low, such as 135 when it should have been 175 etc. The last time with one gauge for each sensor, with no switch in the circuit, it was much closer, but still low. The wiring has to be very high quality for a gauge that relies on voltage variance through the wire, any excess resistance(bad connections, extra joints like a switch) kills the accuracy.

So the wife went into the basement ...my work area... she said what the hell is that I said it's a new lawnmower engine isn't it cool I'm going to hell for this I'm in to deep to stop now

I'm waiting on some parts in the mail however I am gonna install the fuel pump this weekend
lmao, my wife says that everytime i get a package !

badass!!!! So nice to see aftermarket support for our engines even if its roots are in the Mustang

Weren’t the M90s used in the Thunderbird Super Coupe first?

Amazing build!
Where did you get that kit? What a nice setup, you must be so happy!
Also your son does great work too lol

I did notice you used header wrap on the intake pipe.
Header pipe is designed to keep heat in, not keep heat away.
I know thermo tech makes sleeves for this purpose, not sure how big in diameter they go up to.

I found this, kinda ugly but could be laced underneath so it’s hidden. Maybe painted too

Products

Amazing build!
Where did you get that kit? What a nice setup, you must be so happy!
Also your son does great work too lol

I did notice you used header wrap on the intake pipe.
Header pipe is designed to keep heat in, not keep heat away.
I know thermo tech makes sleeves for this purpose, not sure how big in diameter they go up to.
The header wrap actually works dropped intake temps to outside temp going down the road and a good 20-30 degrees at idle I know it's hard to believe but it works so well

I got the kit from ModdBox - Engineering your driving experience
The owner replied to this thread

And thanks for the comments:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The header wrap actually works dropped intake temps to outside temp going down the road and a good 20-30 degrees at idle I know it's hard to believe but it works so well

I got the kit from ModdBox - Engineering your driving experience
The owner replied to this thread

And thanks for the comments:)

Thanks for the heads up on the kit! And I do recall the owner of the company chiming in now that you mention it.
Glad to hear the header wrap worked out great, good to know!
I know a guy who used header wrap on a starter and ended up cooking it. Instead of reflecting heat away, it was keeping the heat in. But the starter is a lot closer to the exhaust than an intake tube.
And with no intercooler I know that IAT temps are crucial. Just such a nice install, you guys made it look easy lol

Back