Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build

Fun Stuff! And SCT is good stuff. From what I have seen of stock ford tranny tunes there is much room to be had in increasing pressure and shift timing (higher RPM or MPH). 25% max is there for a reason on the SCT but you should be fine with your tune. I looked at my old my old 4.0 tune and I had gone up as much as 50% (1-2) but did not have a long time with that tranny. I was running around with a tune before I pulled my 5.0 to build and supercharge and again had upped the 1-2 shift the most at 50% at WOT...................................

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The stock tune will be fine at 3.5lbs, but I would bet you'll want more after you get it all set-up and working for a while..........
Your were right

You shouldn't need forescan anymore. You can use livelink and select the pids you want to monitor. Weird stuff like this happens when we modify.

I played around with forescan, and the thinks it would come in handy for are trans codes and key chip programming. Don't be concerned with anything else, just get comfortable with livelink.

Love the work you have done.

You shouldn't need forescan anymore. You can use livelink and select the pids you want to monitor. Weird stuff like this happens when we modify.

I played around with forescan, and the thinks it would come in handy for are trans codes and key chip programming. Don't be concerned with anything else, just get comfortable with livelink.

Love the work you have done.

:popcorn:

Still thinking of what to next.
I have to think about cost
I live on a very limited income because of my disability ....which sucks...

Any suggestions please :)

So update

I have been messing with shift firmness it's great to be able to adjust them

Finely settings are
1-2 + 5%
2-3 + 10%
3-4 + 15%
4-5 + 15%
Feels great faster more positive shifts

You can adjust from -25% to +25%

Any thoughts on what not to do and has anyone damaged the transmission doing this
Didn't you just install a reman transmission. I know you installed a reman engine. If the trans is new or reman, you should be fine with those settings. If not, the internals might be to worn to handle the extra pressures. A firmer shift will add to clutch life but not sure about the everything else.

Didn't you just install a reman transmission. I know you installed a reman engine. If the trans is new or reman, you should be fine with those settings. If not, the internals might be to worn to handle the extra pressures. A firmer shift will add to clutch life but not sure about the everything else.
all this below is be for the supercharger install.

Trans professionally rebuilt 20k on it he did some beefing it up a little.
can't remember everything.
I would have to look in my old threads. Good bands extra clutch plates .shaved one side down new valve body removed the thermostat and more been a few years
the engine was 1year old with 10.000-15.000 on it and it was a remanufactured from dammer/power train products same manufacturer

With these settings it will cherp the tires when you get on it shifting into 3rd gear but she tyres not to but I'm sure she does lol
She don't know I look at the tires that smell of rubber

I have the Explorer Express Xcharger on mine since 68K miles and I've never had any trans problems though I don't get crazy on the throttle with it much anymore. I think you'll be fine...

Update

That's a lot torque the by-pass valve has to endure so I can see why it didn't last very long. The one I have for my XCharger is made out of pot metal and so far I haven't had any problems with it. Try to find one made outta metal so you don't have to deal with this again.

Found some cool video of the parts in this kit

Hey Donald

These valves are covered under our warranty. I have yet to see one on our kits fail, but this is the same part used on all Mini Cooper S supercharged vehicles between 2002 and 2005. This is not that common but can find this failure around the web.

In general, the valve will allow air to circulate back while in a vacuum (cruise or idle). You can actually adjust the stiffness of this spring to increase the responsiveness of the supercharger; however, it will reduce the mpg savings. See mini cooper mod posts regarding this.

This is typically a very reliable valve that should last. Sucks hunting down vac leaks... great post as many people would not think of looking there.

Hey Donald

These valves are covered under our warranty. I have yet to see one on our kits fail, but this is the same part used on all Mini Cooper S supercharged vehicles between 2002 and 2005. This is not that common but can find this failure around the web.

This is typically a very reliable valve that should last. Sucks hunting down vac leaks... great post as many people would not think of looking there.

My son was actually the one that found the leak
No worries on any warranty as this kit has been flawless
I googled bypass valve pictures and it popped rite up I looked at what it fits
Then went to a you pull it an came up lucky
Thanks for the reply it's pretty cool of you

Only hard part of this was getting the intake cover off
I used a piece of string and got it under the corner of the lid and pull pull back and forth lol

fixed ;0
20201202_082331.jpg

20201202_082324.jpg

Would something like this work for a 4L OHV? I’ve been wanting to push a bit more power into mine along with upgrading the fuel injectors, adding a better intake, and the like

Ok guys I think I'm ready for a bit more boost

I'm gonna go with 9.5 psi
Do I need a bigger Maf?
I have them #47 ford racing injectors
Do I need cooling ....meth water injection...

Any suggestions I like to be prepared
I will have the tune revised

Probably will need a new MAF, maybe a bigger fuel pump too if yours is stock.
If you have access to 93 octane fuel I recommend that.
you will probably need water methanol injection if you dont have a liquid intercooler.

So I got my m90 and rebuilt it ....snout and case bearings....
And I'm gonna paint it now ....black
The theme is look stock
There will be some pictures soon
Got the blower from jy off a thunderbird with 47000 miles on it
Hey is that the supercharger you used? We have a ton of those old t birds with the supercharger just wondering.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey is that the supercharger you used? We have a ton of those old t birds with the supercharger just wondering.
Indeed it is the one I used I rebuilt it

Back