Superchip vs Hypertech?? Hmmm... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Superchip vs Hypertech?? Hmmm...

no. You can use a lower octain gas....but you'll lose out on the chip. It will help some but not as much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I think I'm gonna go with the Superchip, but I've sent two e-mails to smartyparts.com and they haven't responded yet...That was 6 days ago (and after sending the e-mail it claimed that they would respond to me within one business day).....I'm starting to get fed up with these guys. Anybody ordered from them? I might just order direct through Superchip, but I want the price discount that http://www.smartyparts.com gives those of us that mention this page. I heard it's some insane amount of discount. Anyways....They also have had the lowest price($229) as of yet that I've found. Hopefully I will get a response from smartyparts.com soon, but I am starting to believe I won't. I still might contact Superchip directly to ask them about the chip learning my mods that I might do after I get the chip. Anybody got anything else? Oh....And I think that the winner is officially Superchip. I've heard no real negatives about it, and I've heard some about Hypertech. Everybody in agreement?

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires
PIAA 9007 Super-White Headlights(adds 40 rearwheel hp :) )

SeanM,

Contact Mike Troyer at Performance Products Inc.
(540) 862-9515. He is the National distributor for Superchips. Tell him I sent you and he will give you a discount.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

I got mine through Smartyparts for $170. I recommend calling Chris directly. He is a little slow at answering e-mail.

If you don't get a response quickly, Mike Troyer would be a good choice as well. He's well known around the F-150 web site and has been very helpful there. Quite a few good testimonials there on the positive effects of the Superchips chip.

Originally posted by Tom Wilk
I got mine through Smartyparts for $170. I recommend calling Chris directly. He is a little slow at answering e-mail.

If you don't get a response quickly, Mike Troyer would be a good choice as well. He's well known around the F-150 web site and has been very helpful there. Quite a few good testimonials there on the positive effects of the Superchips chip.

I ordered mine through Mike. Service was outstanding as well as deciphering my revised software version to determine my current computer code. Price was right and delivery was very quick. I contacted Mike after not getting a reply back from SmartyParts after 2 weeks.

Hypertech vs. Superchip. Well i dont know about the Superchip, but I have a Hypertech chip, and after Gibsons cat back exhust i was able to power brake my old 235 tires no prob. with a 4 door 93 4.0. I have experienced a lot of pinging with even 93 octane.

Back