Superchip

woops

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh / Durham NC & Md. DC area
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 xls
Hi All,

I installed a superchip in my '01 x with a SHOC 6 banger. My first problem was a no start with the chip and Superchips did not have my computer box or code listed for any jumper additions. So off to Superchips went the chip and computer. It all came back in record time and now it plays together just fine. But I see absolutely no improvement and no difference with regular or premium fuel. Anyone else using superchips ? What kind of results ?

Thanks,

I had the same problems with mine when I first installed it but I am satisfied with its performance. I took it off a few months ago when I had to take my Explorer to the dealer and I did notice a difference. I started using premium but I switched to regular and have the same results. You may not be noticing much if you drive your vehicle very easy. I thought the same thing but when I stomped on the pedal it was a different story - that's when the Superchip goes to work!

BTW, Welcome aboard!

Thanks very much for your comments. I do in fact drive my vehicle very easy, however I did try to be a little, well maybe more than a little, aggresive with it before and after to see if there was a difference. Even tested it again today just to be sure, still see no difference. -- To bad...so sad !

Back