Superchips Flashpaq problem!

Sonny1597

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tucson
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport 2dr
I ordered a Flashpaq tuner for my 2001 Sport .. They said I could change my gear ratios and tire size so my speedo would be correct .. plus it would also allow my different engine tunes and shift points! Well, it did none of those things and after a lengthy discussion with Superchips they finally said they didn't cover my engine tune because it was a 'Sport Trak' .. I advised them again it was a 2dr Explorer .. not a Sport trak. So I got my money back after I backed out their tune and put my stock tune back. Now is where all the fun begins .. backing out their tune and supposedly putting mine back played holy hell with my ECM and OBD port .. I can go into lengthy details of multiple electrical problems that came after backing the tune out. Had to finally get a specialty shop to reload the ECM.
Question here is that Superchips keeps telling me that the 2001 Ford Explorer 4dr, 2dr, and 2dr Sport all have different engine tunes? They keep implying that I ordered something for the Sport Trak which I keep telling them I don't have .. and they don't support.
You can still order the same Flashpaq unit today online for the 2001 Ford Explorer .. so do all the 2001 Explorers come with different tunes???

Back