superlift 5.5" lift any surpises? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

superlift 5.5" lift any surpises?

fresh

Reaction score
Well I have finally decided on the 5.5" super lift. I ordered it this morning. I also ordered the new extended brake lines, next pay day I will be puchase the super runner steering. I already have all new poly bushings for the whole suspension is there anything I may be overlooking?
I'd like to have everything here when I start.Any input would be much appreciated!!

Also one last ? On the back I-beam I know the piviot bracket is rivited to the frame, Will I have to remove the rivits or is the new bracket like a extension that fits in the old bolt location where the I-beam ataches to the bracket? I plan on starting the removel of the old stuff sometime this weekend.

Thanks!(ahead of time)
Fresh
99 EB 5.0 awd (all stock till the 92 is done)
92 Exploder sport
punched cats
flowmaster
k+n
drilled air box
splitfire wires
bosch platnium +4
warn hubs

I would suggest you also look into extended radius arms before the super runner steering. For the simple reason of I don't think you want to take the front end apart twice and my alignment would'nt hold too long until I put them on. Not to mention it will help in the articulation. The pivot bracket your speaking of, do you mean the radius arm bracket? If so the rivets need to be drilled out, be carefull of the fuel and electrical lines. If you do opt for the radius arms you will drill new holes further back. Rocky Mountain Suspension Products had the best prices when I ordered. Hope this helps.

Thanks Ron, I have did order the longer radius arms with the kit, I agree that Rocky Mountain had the lowest price, But I ended up getting the lift from Tyres1 It was more for the lift but cheaper on the shipping, and it ended up that I saved about $12, Not alot I know but still money saved. The bracket I am refering to is the rear I- beam (right front) axel piviot. Lucky for me that the radius arm bushings have been replaced already so now there is just bolts in the radius arm brackets..

Back