Suspension; how to stop the rear wheel spin | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suspension; how to stop the rear wheel spin

Boss X

Reaction score
City, State
South Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport Trac 4x4
Its been quite a while since I last posted due to a serious illness but I'm trying to get back and just got to get this issue fixed before it kills me.

How can I stop or lessen the rear wheel spin/slippage on my 02 Sport Trac 4x4. If its wet out, even a little bit, the rear wheels break loose. There's has to be a better way than sand bags. I have a severe handicap when it comes to suspensions. This truck has the towing package but is otherwise stock except for the wheels/tires which are custom but still 16". :confused:

Pardon me if this has been discussed previously.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

new tires?...are the ones on now worn bad?....other then that sandbags are the only cheap way i can think of.

Well the lead foot you might have could be the culprit? haha just kidding! I was on another website and they had this water bag thing you put in the cargo area if that helps or put a locker in it.

Tires are excellent. Its just an issue in the wet and rain. A water bag just sounds like the liquid version of sand. Isn't there a suspenion mod/upgrade that will help?

not that i can think of....because enhancing the suspesnion would give you a higher load capacity or lift/lower not add traction.....a locker or a L/s would help a little...

Back