• Register Today It's free!

Suspension lift question

kevinj

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport
What kind of suspention lifts are available for a 2000 Explorer Sport, and what are the prices like? I want to lift mine and would rather do a suspention lift than a body lift. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking of more like a 3 or 4 inch lift. Is there anything like that available?

Originally posted by kevinj
I was thinking of more like a 3 or 4 inch lift. Is there anything like that available?

Gotcha super lift makes a 4" one for the front and you can do a spring over axle in the rear. Of you would do a solid axle swap up front.

What's involved in doing the spring over axle on the rear. Is it costly/difficult to do? About how much is the 4" lift for the front?

SOA in the rear is relatively simple and cheap. It does add 5.5-inches of lift. You also have to get extended brake lines, and should extend the E-brake cable.

Having the same problem

I wanna lift mine so I can drive next to God, but Im having trouble finding lift kits for a 2000 Sport. I was beginning to wonder if my dealership screwed up on the year of my truck. I did find a 4" Superlift kit in JC Whitney for $1495.95, but that's all that I've found.

Back