• Register Today It's free!

suspension VS body lift

93xltExplod

Reaction score
City, State
Hooksett Nh
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
now in my state New Hampshire the back bumper cannot go over 20 inches...yet i still want a lift i have a 93 xlt now what shoul;d i get a suspension lift or body lift....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just not sure i want a boddy lift but i do not want my height to decline my inspection

body lift, and don't raise the back bumper could be one option

would you be able to do that without alot of hassle and another question adding a 2 inch body lift how big of tires can i fit under my 93 xlt without rubbing the fenders and will i loose alot of power with those size of wheels...thank you

When doing bodylift, the bumpers will remain at the stock height, since they are attached to the frame, and not the body. Usually, people will put new bumper brackets on after a body lift so that they will look right, but you wouldn't want to do that. Also, trying to lift the bumpers is usually the hardest part of a body lift, so you would be able to avoid that.
As for the tire size, look here:
http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=67200

heres what my 92 looks like with a 3" body and 32" tires

794907_3.jpg

20inches is all huh? is it strongly enforced? Notice how i dont have a front bumper... that sucker isnt easy to get on... You will much rather raise the bumpers then leave them at stock hight.

The bumpers are definatly the second hardest part about doing a body lift... The hardest are the front two body mount bolts. But for the bumpers all you need is a Sawzall to do the job.

Back