• Register Today It's free!

switched corner light??

bigrob123

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Cod, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
i was wondering what it would take to switch my corner light and use a low powered bulb that is bright enough to see in the dark but be dim so i can go places im not supposed to be drawing as little attention as i can. i want it completely isolated to its own switch and to run off my second battery. i kinda dont want to run all new wires so i was hoping to cut the wire at the light switch where i think it is and solder a attachment wire to make it to my switch board is. so if some one could tell me where the wire is located nearest the cab to attach to the corner lights. what size wire should i use? and should i run a relay? so every one knows it a 99 ford explorer xlt.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

"go places im not supposed to be drawing as little attention as i can"
:Hmmmm

Would helping with this be aiding in a crime?

no this is not a crime. and sorry i forgot a , go places im not supposed to be, drawing as little attention as i can*

if youd like the story we have a fire pit out in the woods with a dirt road leading out to it, and we have had some trouble with some of the people around sayin that the headlights would shine into there bedroom and wake them up causing a distrubance. we have not had any troube with cops, the home owners just dont want the car light.

What about wiring up your fog lights to come on with the parking lights. They don't shine as far. I think there is a thread on here about which wires to switch to get it changed.

no i can turn my fog lights with my parking lights but the are just to brights and i like there brightness for other purposes

i would like to refrain from adding addtional lights due to the amount of things already in/ on my ex.

Best of luck to you.

Back