switched fuse in engine fuse panel? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

switched fuse in engine fuse panel?

PJR202

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
I drove myself to the brink of insanity today trying to get to the interior fuse panel in my 2013. I gave up. Even if I got the top off I still can't see what's what.

I saw a link in another thread showing a route through the firewall. Is there a switched fuse in the engine fuse panel I could tap into? I'm trying to hook up a couple headrest dvd players.

I don't have the answer that you are looking for but if you use the engine bay fuse panel then you'll have the task of trying to get through the firewall.
Have you checked out the threads where members have installed DVD players to see how they did the hook-up?

Peter

I'll go look for those threads. I did a little bit before but I'm not on my phone at the moment so I can search a little easier.

In the thread I mentioned in my first post, it was unrelated to DVD but someone linked a Ford procedure to get through the firewall using a pre-existing hole. I'm really just hoping the manufacturer will get back to me with some cigarette adapters but at the moment I'm still going under the plan of getting to a fuse.

I'll go look for those threads. I did a little bit before but I'm not on my phone at the moment so I can search a little easier.

In the thread I mentioned in my first post, it was unrelated to DVD but someone linked a Ford procedure to get through the firewall using a pre-existing hole. I'm really just hoping the manufacturer will get back to me with some cigarette adapters but at the moment I'm still going under the plan of getting to a fuse.

There is a rubber grommet in the firewall, on the right side way up high. The hose for the washer fluid for the rear window goes thru it. Its very difficult to get to and work with but it is possible. I found if you unclip that hose from all the retainers under the hood it will give you a little more slack. You can run your wires thru that grommet and then have fun putting the grommet back in the hole. There is very little room to work your hand up in there. I've done it on two vehicles and cussed the whole time. That is the only accessible access in the firewall I know of. Others have drilled thru the firewall but I know in some parts its double walled. Have fun.

Ford has a procedure for running wires in the police utility but I don't believe that same access point is in the civilian models.

Back