Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If it's like mine, you don't have to remote start for this to work. Mine will show 'Unsubscribed' after every ignition cycle and will usually change to 'Subscribed' within about 30 seconds. See my post here Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates

Peter
I did indeed read that 🙂 I only typically the movies audio and sports to light up and that was all that would work. But since I've been using remote start after a couple of minutes it all lights up. Technically both are still wrong because I'm not subscribed to sports but everything else works. Before the update my sync worked exactly as you stated. If that makes more sense.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did indeed read that 🙂 I only typically the movies audio and sports to light up and that was all that would work. But since I've been using remote start after a couple of minutes it all lights up. Technically both are still wrong because I'm not subscribed to sports but everything else works. Before the update my sync worked exactly as you stated. If that makes more sense.
Actually, you should be "Subscribed" to all of the Travel Link options for the next 5 years on Ford. The music times out after 3 or 6 months (can't remember which), but the others will continue. (From my Sirius account page)
Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.26.12 PM.png

Cheers!!

Ken

You can roll it back. They may not know that. The most recent drop was 3.4.20351. That was up on the owner site prior to this last one from memory.

Side note that I’ve seen others that had SXM cancel their sub, reset then re-sub them and it fixed their problems. No idea if that might help your case or not?
How do you roll back the software?

How do you roll back the software?
I still had it in downloads on the computer. Just copied it to the flash drive and plugged it into the Explorer. It loaded from there to the older version.

I'm at the dealer now and have all the same issues. Pretty sure they don't know what they can do. I purchased 31 May, 21' Explorer ST. I figure if I can roll the software back and it works then great. It will be a waiting game for the next good software push.

Yesterday I lost all my SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link subscription again, Master Reset and nothing, called SiriusXM, They act like this is a brand never known issue and tell you to do a signal refresh. Even their advanced technical support says that.

This time they suggested a signal refresh and then let the vehicle "rest" for 8 hours and do another. WTF kind of software engineering is that?

As a last resort they suggested taking it to the dealership for a software update, LMAO, they truly don't know what is going on, what a cluster F&^%!

I think I know how Ford CEO Mark Fields felt when he punched the SYNC screen in his Edge ST.

Yesterday I lost all my SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link subscription again, Master Reset and nothing, called SiriusXM, They act like this is a brand never known issue and tell you to do a signal refresh. Even their advanced technical support says that.

This time they suggested a signal refresh and then let the vehicle "rest" for 8 hours and do another. WTF kind of software engineering is that?

As a last resort they suggested taking it to the dealership for a software update, LMAO, they truly don't know what is going on, what a cluster F&^%!

I think I know how Ford CEO Mark Fields felt when he punched the SYNC screen in his Edge ST.
I have my doubts that this is a Sirius issue. It all started after 21020 rolled out. And when Sync has been rolled back to 20282 it works fine. To me that pretty well says it's an issue with 21020.

I tend to agree that the issue here is with the software update and has nothing to do with Sirius/XM. The thing I find curious is why some who have updated are having issues while others are not? I wonder if it may have something to do with what else that those with the problem may be using (APS?) along with their Sync system. I have the system as it came from the factory and have not added anything else to it other than my phone.

Peter

Roll it back and save yourself any other headaches.

Roll it back and save yourself any other headaches.
Roll back the software and it works flawlessly! I went through all the same BS in this forum. The dealers are not knowing, slow and unhelpful. Turn off the wifi and updates and with the rollback you'll be good to go!

I don't believe that the majority of mechanics are software savvy. When I picked up my 2011 Limited, my salesman was the only individual that had undergone any kind of training on the features of the vehicle.

Peter

Any word yet on when Ford might release 21098?
Some 5th gen owners that updated to V3.4 are running it.

Peter

Hey guys. I have a 21 Expedition that is experiencing this exact same issue. Is there a confirmed fix? Downgrade versions? Wait for Ford to push another update? This is very frustrating. How does Ford not test this stuff before releasing it.

Hey guys. I have a 21 Expedition that is experiencing this exact same issue. Is there a confirmed fix? Downgrade versions? Wait for Ford to push another update? This is very frustrating. How does Ford not test this stuff before releasing it.

A few have downgraded versions to get around it. Some it has started working and stays working after a few days, others like msyelf it's always worked. If you need a USB update to roll back just shoot me a PM and I can help you out there.

Ford has said that this is a known issue but I don't believe enough complaints have been raised for them to do anything to correct it quickly. I would go to your dealership to do so. The only known fix is to downgrade to version 20282 which my dealership said they have no way of doing. If you do downgrade make sure you do a Master Reset after then turn off WIFI and auto update. Mine has been working fine for about a week since I did it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones to have the latest update work. Not sure if it's because it isn't an Explorer.:dunno:

Peer

Back