Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates | Page 16 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ClarkG

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Anyone with XM Travel Link issues check out this post.
Travel Link not functioning - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Common issue across Explorers, Expeditions, F150s, Broncos, etc.

There is also a TSB referenced. I’m doing the latest OTA and if it does not resolve the travel link issue I will be calling the dealership.
192DA648-02B9-4EFA-94FA-6AB57C27EA57.jpeg

Dale5403

Reaction score
City, State
Mondovi, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST

There is also a TSB referenced. I’m doing the latest OTA and if it does not resolve the travel link issue I will be calling the dealership. View attachment 340445
That's' been a problem for a number of people. It started when SYNC 21020 came out and it still continues with 21098. Last we have heard is the next version might solve. Going to the dealer is unlikely to help. I tried it and gave up once I found out more information about it.

UofMEngineer

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
20' Escape Hyb Titanium

There is also a TSB referenced. I’m doing the latest OTA and if it does not resolve the travel link issue I will be calling the dealership. View attachment 340445

As mentioned above, dealer trip is really a waste of your time. You can roll back to a prior release or wait for a software fix. The TSB most link to is generic for updating to the latest release with the dealer universal update tool to fix any number of potential issues.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

There is also a TSB referenced. I’m doing the latest OTA and if it does not resolve the travel link issue I will be calling the dealership.
The latest version is 21098 and for me it went backwards. My Aviator was working on 21020 but after OTA update 21098 completed my Travel Link now looks like what I posted in Sync 21098 OTA Available
As stated above, a trip or call to the dealership would not accomplish anything. It is an issue with the update.

Peter

ClarkG

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Sounds good. Will just wait on Ford and use another system for traffic until it’s fixed. Almost got caught in a huge interstate closure this past weekend because traffic wasn’t working.

The latest OTA update did not resolve TL issues as everyone has reported.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Sounds good. Will just wait on Ford and use another system for traffic until it’s fixed. Almost got caught in a huge interstate closure this past weekend because traffic wasn’t working.

The latest OTA update did not resolve TL issues as everyone has reported.
Check out the thread I linked for a recent post on the TL issue.

Peter

rlh6805

Reaction score
City, State
Gaylord
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Expedition
I have it on good authority that Ford/Electrobit have a fix for the TL issue. I don't know what was determined to be the root cause. No timing on the next release that will have the fix in it either.