Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone with XM Travel Link issues check out this post.
Travel Link not functioning - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Common issue across Explorers, Expeditions, F150s, Broncos, etc.

There is also a TSB referenced. I’m doing the latest OTA and if it does not resolve the travel link issue I will be calling the dealership.
192DA648-02B9-4EFA-94FA-6AB57C27EA57.jpeg

There is also a TSB referenced. I’m doing the latest OTA and if it does not resolve the travel link issue I will be calling the dealership. View attachment 340445
That's' been a problem for a number of people. It started when SYNC 21020 came out and it still continues with 21098. Last we have heard is the next version might solve. Going to the dealer is unlikely to help. I tried it and gave up once I found out more information about it.

There is also a TSB referenced. I’m doing the latest OTA and if it does not resolve the travel link issue I will be calling the dealership. View attachment 340445

As mentioned above, dealer trip is really a waste of your time. You can roll back to a prior release or wait for a software fix. The TSB most link to is generic for updating to the latest release with the dealer universal update tool to fix any number of potential issues.

There is also a TSB referenced. I’m doing the latest OTA and if it does not resolve the travel link issue I will be calling the dealership.
The latest version is 21098 and for me it went backwards. My Aviator was working on 21020 but after OTA update 21098 completed my Travel Link now looks like what I posted in Sync 21098 OTA Available
As stated above, a trip or call to the dealership would not accomplish anything. It is an issue with the update.

Peter

Sounds good. Will just wait on Ford and use another system for traffic until it’s fixed. Almost got caught in a huge interstate closure this past weekend because traffic wasn’t working.

The latest OTA update did not resolve TL issues as everyone has reported.

Sounds good. Will just wait on Ford and use another system for traffic until it’s fixed. Almost got caught in a huge interstate closure this past weekend because traffic wasn’t working.

The latest OTA update did not resolve TL issues as everyone has reported.
Check out the thread I linked for a recent post on the TL issue.

Peter

I have it on good authority that Ford/Electrobit have a fix for the TL issue. I don't know what was determined to be the root cause. No timing on the next release that will have the fix in it either.

Back