SYNC Build 21194 Is Released by Ford | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC Build 21194 Is Released by Ford

Was the lost audio issue you mentioned the same as the "go into the store to pay for your gas and come out and Sirius is stuck" problem some (including me) were seeing?
I'm would guess it is. Every time it quit I needed to do a soft reset to get it to work again. After playing with it a lot for the last day now it has worked every time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Was the lost audio issue you mentioned the same as the "go into the store to pay for your gas and come out and Sirius is stuck" problem some (including me) were seeing?
Yes, it fixes that too. At least it's supposed to.

I'm would guess it is. Every time it quit I needed to do a soft reset to get it to work again. After playing with it a lot for the last day now it has worked every time.
Thanks! I'll load it up on to a USB drive and give this release a whirl!

Thanks! I'll load it up on to a USB drive and give this release a whirl!
Pretty sure you will be glad you did. I sure am. Just wish I had done the USB, OTA didn't work so good this time.

Mine downloaded overnight over wifi and installed on my way downtown, in about 20 minutes. The system restarted as I was driving and Travelink is back and works every time now! FINALLY! After almost 4 months!

I've been in shop for those issues. The dealer was downloading that update and it didn't take. So I have to go back for them too install.
Rather not do it myself since it's under warranty.

Thanks
There may be a charge to install the update according to Ford. https://help.ford.com/update-sync/dealer/
It's a lot easier to do it yourself.

As far as what's in this, the TravelLink one is the most obvious mention. That's really the only one I took a look at myself outside of my own items. On my end, a lot of it is just the constant tweaks to commands, e.g. "Go home" being added, fixes for some phone contacts that contain emojis in them not working properly for "Call X" commands, addition of more options for calling contacts if they're stored in specific ways. Example there would be things like "Mom & Dad" or "Mom / Dad" where you couldn't just say "Call Mom" before. Hundreds of names have been improved for recognition, although those were taken from ~5,000 most common first and surnames. So, if the name isn't in there you may not see any difference. If you come across one that isn't working at all, feel free to ping me any time.

USB install done, threw in another Master Reset and re-registration with Ford Pass just for fun ... and all seems to be working well.

Finally ...

Ken

USB install done, threw in another Master Reset and re-registration with Ford Pass just for fun ... and all seems to be working well.

Finally ...

Ken
I'll avoid a factory reset in the future. The one time I did this a month ago it took almost 2 weeks to get all the Sirius channel logos back! Not to mention losing my navigation favorites!

I'll avoid a factory reset in the future. The one time I did this a month ago it took almost 2 weeks to get all the Sirius channel logos back! Not to mention losing my navigation favorites!
Yea, no need for a master reset.

Yea, no need for a master reset.

Yeah, I agree this was overkill ... but just in case, I wanted to remove any trace of my pirate days ... everything still running smoothly!!

Ken

Mine updated OTA yesterday although my account still shows it as being available. Will check it again later.

Peter

Mine updated OTA yesterday although my account still shows it as being available. Will check it again later.

Peter
Mine is still showing that after 2 days now. But it's working good.

...................................... Turned on WIFI again and immediately started downloading

4U5T-14G422-CAJ-tar.gz

Wonder what that is. Didn't want to keep running the car so I shut it off. Hope it really does continue to download.
You don't need the vehicle to be running to download OTA updates. They are designed to run automatically as long as you are connected to a WiFi source and have the Auto Update feature enabled.

Peter

You don't need the vehicle to be running to download OTA updates. They are designed to run automatically as long as you are connected to a WiFi source and have the Auto Update feature enabled.

Peter
Yes, thanks. It downloaded overnight and installed with no problem.

I have a 2021 Explorer ST. It is driving me crazy with not having Sirius radio after stopping for gas as well as all the other issues that running 21098 has. I have been seeing for several days that 21194 is available. With the vehicle parked in garage connected to my home wifi I can not get it to download. It keeps saying that it is up to date. I know it isn't! I am not sure how to do the USB update or I would try that. Help would be appreciated.

I have a 2021 Explorer ST. It is driving me crazy with not having Sirius radio after stopping for gas as well as all the other issues that running 21098 has. I have been seeing for several days that 21194 is available. With the vehicle parked in garage connected to my home wifi I can not get it to download. It keeps saying that it is up to date. I know it isn't! I am not sure how to do the USB update or I would try that. Help would be appreciated.
Here are the directions for the usb from Ford Owners website. https://help.ford.com/update-sync/usb/
Have you checked there to see if it shows the update available for your vehicle?

Here are the directions for the usb from Ford Owners website. https://help.ford.com/update-sync/usb/
Have you checked there to see if it shows the update available for your vehicle?
Thank you for your response. I went to the website and put in my VIN. I use a mac computer which is always a bit different. I have downloaded the zip file to my desktop and will see if I can correctly transfer things to the USB drive.

Thank you for your response. I went to the website and put in my VIN. I use a mac computer which is always a bit different. I have downloaded the zip file to my desktop and will see if I can correctly transfer things to the USB drive.

On a Mac make sure to use the suggested tool or you'll probably end up with the system not seeing the update. I know that's a common headache.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Good luck with the update.

Peter

Back