• Register Today It's free!

SYNC Destinations

dieldrin

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I loved the SYNC Destinations app for my 2014 Explorer.

It was great to configure my nav route on my phone then just send it to the nav in the EX.
I would load it by using the "services" voice command

It doesn't seem to work with SYNC 3. There appears not to be a command "services"

I assume that since SYNC 3 is a different platform it will not work with the Destinations app.

Can anyone confirm this and/or recommend an alternative app with similar functionality for the SYNC 3 system?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SYNC Services isn't available with SYNC 3, thus destinations won't work.

SYNC Services isn't available with SYNC 3, thus destinations won't work.
If sync destinations won't work can one forward destinations from mapquest or google maps?

If sync destinations won't work can one forward destinations from mapquest or google maps?
Not currently. There's no way for SYNC 3 navigation to receive the communication. When mapquest/google maps did work with MFT, SYNC Services was the mode of communication.

That was one feature associated with SYNC2 that I wish they would have carried over. I will wait for the Ford rep to step in and say suggest it to Ford Social. ;)

you'll be waiting till 2020 before "Ford Rep" evens finds out the Ex has Sync............only solution (mediocre) is carplay/imaps :(

Back