Synthetic ATF | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Synthetic ATF

RickOTR

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport 4X4
Has anyone use Red Line D4 ATF in there 5R55E tranny before. I'm using Mobil 1 synthetic ATF with no problems but it's difficult to get here In California. I also need to remove the front drive shaft until I get my transfer case rebuilt. Will it hurt to leave it out for a while?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, but I went ahead and bought 12 quarts of the Redline D4 ATF and only paid $85 for it. I also have an inline Motorcraft filter (XC3P7B155BC) that I'm going to install, I just need to figure out if I it's the pressure side or the low pressure side I should install it on. Any Ideas?

Dug out one of my old Ford filters from the garage. Hope this helps!

zVKmWe6.jpg

2QBJWMr.jpg

GgpZ3RY.jpg

CSwV28f.jpg

VODs2d2.jpg

:chug:

Thanks, but I went ahead and bought 12 quarts of the Redline D4 ATF and only paid $85 for it.

00P0P_bF9PbSDTFSs_600x450.jpg

Amsoil ATF - 12pk Case of Quarts Automatic Transmission Fluid

Speaking of wicked deals!

Just picked up a case of Amsoil Signature ATF today for $80 (down from $87;))

Retails $14.65 a quart +shipping
Paid $6.66 a quart + pickup 5 miles from my home :party:

If anyone reading this is in west Michigan and are looking for a good deal on oil, I'd call him asap before I buy the rest of it up and sell it on ebay. :laugh:

If you are installing an external filter in the trans lines, place it in the output line if everything is working great. That will protect the coolers from contamination from any future failure, and they don't need to be replaced at that time. If there may be any debris in ATF or coolers now, or has been before, place the filter in the input line to the trans. That will protect the transmission from any contamination from the coolers now etc.

Back