T/SIGNALS KEEP POPPING FUSES | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

T/SIGNALS KEEP POPPING FUSES

poppie

Reaction score
City, State
MICHIGAN
Year, Model & Trim Level
Everytime I start my Explorer I blow the turn signal fuse.
If I just turn the key on without starting it the fuse doesnt blow. I have replace all the relays and the turn signal lever on the dash. Please someone help My funds are getting low as I have made the fuse companies stock go way up with all the fuse's I have blown.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you can, I'd trace all your turn signal wires to look for a short. My guess is you have a short somewhere close to the bulbs that is causing that circuit to overload.

Welcome to the site and good luck!

The problem is they work without starting the truck, but as soon as I start it the fuse pops. I don't even have to turn the signals on. Someone said it may be the ignition switch which I guess is on the lower part of the steering column. Anybody have any suggestions???

It could then be your ignition switch, or it could be the power lead supplying that circuit with power. BTW, what is the stock fuse rated at and have you tried going to the next higher fuse rating?

The fuse rating is 15 amps I have tried up to a 25amp. I hate to go any higher. Of course if I do and it doesnt pop I might find the problem when it starts to burn. Thx Guys

If you start the truck and then replace the fuse, does it blow? Or does it only blow when ignition switch is in start position?

I'm clueless now, but love figuring this crap out!
Robb

Bob, I just went out and tried it again and they stayed going that time until I put it into reverse. I beleive I may have found it. It sounds like I might have a wire up inside the steering column that is rubbing or it may be the ignition switch. I will keep you all posted as to my adventure into this problem. Thanks all

Back