• Register Today It's free!

No turn signals. HELP!

Lamah

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
ok, here's the deal. i'm drivin along on the free way ... i go to change lanes ... and as i'm passing the guy i realize that my turn signal want on. neither side works, neither indicator comes on. backup lights dont work, and rear defroster indicator doesnt work .... sounds simple ... there all on the same fuse ... must be the fuse .... wrong, not the fuse. fuse is fine, i tried two of them. please help! anyone ever had this happen before ? =/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there also relay that controls all those things, in addition to the fuse?? Maybe somewhere under the dash or something. I know on my old Ranger there was a fuse and a relay for the turn signals. Just a thought.

Any one else have an idea, or know what I am talking about?

there might be ... but that doesnt explain the b/u lights and the defroster light

to make it that much worse ... i get my license on wednesday
GRRR

Well, the back up lights maybe run throught the same relay, but I didn;t realize that you mentioned the defroster indicator. That seems completely different than the signals of back-up lights. Is that all that has quit working?? What about the distribution box under the hood?? Did you peak in there for busted fuses?

yup, checked all of those. there is only one that says "fuse block" and its fine, which makes sense since everything else still works. its incredibly frustrating ;(

now that i think about it.... i sprayed under the hood yesterday. last time i did that the temp gauge was royaly screwed till it dried. hope it gets better when it dries

Back